advice! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
dytelb

New

advice!

Post by dytelb » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:51 pm

So somehow i have magically been accepted to yale-out of the blue, completely shocked! i was held at harvard and have not heard from stanford, but am contemplating writing LOCIS to both. I won't get the chance to visit any of the campuses because I am abroad, but was wondering, should I just call it a day? Is there any reason to consider H/S? I am interested in international law-war crimes tribunals/possibly some sort of academic research position. Advice from those that have visited? With Yale, I'm a bit worried about New Haven and then also the smaller selection of courses/activities/ppl as compared to Harvard, which can be both a blessing and a curse I guess. Thanks in advance!

src42

Bronze

Re: advice!

Post by src42 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:57 pm

Dang. Congrats--you must have had an amazing application.

I'd be calling it a day if I were you. Yale > Harvard in nearly every situation. Write a LOCI to SLS if you love the school/west coast.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:06 pm

Your application to Yale probably received positive attention due to your research interests & career goals. Three years at Yale Law School is the Grand Prize. Congratulations !

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:08 pm

I wouldn't even bother. Just go to Yale. It's on another level. Congrats.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”