Want to work in Minneapolis..help me choose

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
carterinthehall

Want to work in Minneapolis..help me choose

Postby carterinthehall » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:29 pm

So here are my options...
University of St. Thomas (MN) --full ride
Indiana Bloomington -- 120k scholarship (just short of full ride)
UMN -- WL
Wisconsin -- $$ hasn't been dispersed as of yet
50k in undergrad debt
Also, from St. Louis so can't get residency rates at WI or UMN (if I was taken of WL)

I know Minneapolis very well, and would not need my car for UST is downtown, and I can get by easily without a car. I'm not sure about the other schools, but I know Madison is set up that it would be easy to get by without a car, though I wouldn't have all the amenities available without a car in some circumstances.

I want to work in Minneapolis, and looking at my other options I would dread having to work in Indiana. I wouldn't mind working in Wisconsin, particularly Madison or Milwaukee, as I like the state in general. However, Wisconsin is stingy with money and with my undergrad debt I don't think Wisconsin would be feasible unless 75% or more of my tuition would be paid for. If anyone has info on Indiana being able to place (with relatively decent salaries) into MN, WI, Chicago, or even DC then it would make my decision a little bit easier.
Last edited by carterinthehall on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dr123

Re: Want to work in Minneapolis..help me choose

Postby dr123 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:31 pm

St thomas all the way esp with 50k ug debt

carterinthehall

Postby carterinthehall » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:35 pm

dr123 I just edited my post...Indiana is giving me 120k....sorry for confusion, even if it doesn't change your response

showNprove

Postby showNprove » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:36 pm

If Wisconsin ends up giving you a lot of money, then go to Wisconsin. Otherwise, take the full ride at St. Thomas since you're so adverse to working in Indiana.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”