2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
PleaseHelpThanks

New

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Post by PleaseHelpThanks » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Barbie wrote:
rman1201 wrote:Oh snap, I didnt realize rankings came out tomorrow... I thought the 15th was Wednesday. Guess I also better get on that speeding ticket which is also due the 15th :? (bs, doing 30 in a 15)
I got a $300 ticket on the way to pay my seat deposit at a LS. Now I have to write them a huge addendum and furnish proof of the ticket :( :(
Huge? A few sentences should do the trick.

Example:
"I have received four speeding tickets in my life (9/05, 12/05, 2/08, 5/08). I pleaded no contest to all of these tickets. The state then decided not to pursue these citations. Instead, the state required me to pay court costs in the amount the tickets were originally for. I was immature and thought that speeding was ok because of the time it saved me. I now realize that the potential costs of speeding far outweigh the benefit I received from doing so."

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Barbie wrote:
rman1201 wrote:Oh snap, I didnt realize rankings came out tomorrow... I thought the 15th was Wednesday. Guess I also better get on that speeding ticket which is also due the 15th :? (bs, doing 30 in a 15)
I got a $300 ticket on the way to pay my seat deposit at a LS. Now I have to write them a huge addendum and furnish proof of the ticket :( :(
that blows, barbie. was this LA?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:53 pm

@PleaseHelpThanks: You were too honest in writing that you now realize that the "potential costs of speeding" outweigh the benefits; it should read that I now realize that the "potential dangers of speeding" outweigh the time saved.

rman1201

Silver

Post by rman1201 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:55 pm

Barbie wrote:
Ouch :shock:
I haven't looked into whether I have to do anything for my law school acceptances...
Still mad about it, the road was a 30 mph road with a 20 foot section for school zone (with the school a couple blocks away from the actual road and no freakin kids anywhere). Pff I was going so slow the cop was able to walk in front of my car and point me to the ticketing round up.
FML

/rant

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:09 pm

PleaseHelpThanks wrote: Example:
"I have received four speeding tickets in my life (9/05, 12/05, 2/08, 5/08). I pleaded no contest to all of these tickets. The state then decided not to pursue these citations. Instead, the state required me to pay court costs in the amount the tickets were originally for. I was immature and thought that speeding was ok because of the time it saved me. I now realize that the potential costs of speeding far outweigh the benefit I received from doing so."

How about "I have received speeding tickets because my time is valuable, and I would like to spend as little of it as possible in my vehicle. Even though I am speeding, I am never driving wrecklessly, and never puting anyone at risk. I have since taken proper measures to ensure that when I speed, I don't get caught."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

clone22

Bronze

Post by clone22 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:12 pm

JakeL wrote:

How about "I have received speeding tickets because my time is valuable, and I would like to spend as little of it as possible in my vehicle. Even though I am speeding, I am never driving wrecklessly, and never puting anyone at risk. I have since taken proper measures to ensure that when I speed, I don't get caught."
tcr
at least you're being honest for the C+ F review

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:19 pm

I would put: I am not on speed, you are on speed. I am traveling at a safe speed to be riding in the drives seat of my car- you iglorious mornon. My car was going at waht I thought and deemed to be a safe speed for the conditions. THe number on the side of the road was just a guideline- so the oil companies make more money. I do not like the oil companies, and therefore I do not do what they want. You are just a peon in the matrix, you and all of your fellow officers of the corrupt. I am not guilty or in in violation of anything. You are guilty of trying to hold me down- I am the greatest. Now pass me the coke!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Last edited by CanadianWolf on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:50 pm

lawschool429 wrote:I've seen the rankings... law schools get them the day before they come out. No huge surprises but no more tiers 1-4... there's a first tier and then the second tier consists of the schools that have previously been in the fourth tier.
I have not seen the rankings, but I can confirm that law schools did get them today.

(and . . . queue endless people posting new "rankings" claiming they've seen them too!)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rman1201

Silver

Post by rman1201 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:55 pm

lawschool429 wrote:I've seen the rankings... law schools get them the day before they come out. No huge surprises but no more tiers 1-4... there's a first tier and then the second tier consists of the schools that have previously been in the fourth tier.
Maybe theres truth to this? This seems like way too intricate of a lie to be simple trolling.

So Syracuse U will finally be a Tier 1?

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:56 pm

Will they go up at 12am EST?

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:57 pm

northwood wrote:I would put: I am not on speed, you are on speed. I am traveling at a safe speed to be riding in the drives seat of my car- you iglorious mornon. My car was going at waht I thought and deemed to be a safe speed for the conditions. THe number on the side of the road was just a guideline- so the oil companies make more money. I do not like the oil companies, and therefore I do not do what they want. You are just a peon in the matrix, you and all of your fellow officers of the corrupt. I am not guilty or in in violation of anything. You are guilty of trying to hold me down- I am the greatest. Now pass me the coke!

...charlie sheen... is that you?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:00 pm

JakeL wrote:

I'd probably stick with "recklessly." Misspelling addendums seems only slightly less detrimental than putting th wrong school name in a PS

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pinkzeppelin

Bronze

Post by pinkzeppelin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:03 pm

jdfrisby wrote:
JakeL wrote:

I'd probably stick with "recklessly." Misspelling addendums seems only slightly less detrimental than putting th wrong school name in a PS
Maybe he's a GT grad?

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:05 pm

jdfrisby wrote:I'd probably stick with "recklessly." Misspelling addendums seems only slightly less detrimental than putting th wrong school name in a PS
Lol nice catch.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:08 pm

JakeL wrote:
jdfrisby wrote:I'd probably stick with "recklessly." Misspelling addendums seems only slightly less detrimental than putting th wrong school name in a PS
Lol nice catch.
unless they saw it as an extremely witty pun, which is possible

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Tomorrow is a big day-( and not b/c of usnwr rankings come out)
Financial and other grant/ scholarship decision notices are going to be emailed or sent out at some schools. ( if they havent done so allready). It is the beginning of the final push to make a decision- hopefully more people will get more money from schools to attend!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bendurnotes4me

New

Post by bendurnotes4me » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:19 pm

I'm in Europe and the countdown clock on my US News site says 2 hours - is this a glitch or will it be released earlier in Europe?

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:21 pm

bendurnotes4me wrote:I'm in Europe and the countdown clock on my US News site says 2 hours - is this a glitch or will it be released earlier in Europe?
Nice, probably won't actually work, but feel free to copy/paste if it does!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:23 pm

bendurnotes4me wrote:I'm in Europe and the countdown clock on my US News site says 2 hours - is this a glitch or will it be released earlier in Europe?
Almost certainly lazy programming not checking your time zone but instead counting down to your system clock/ ISP clock's relative 12:01.

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:24 pm

northwood wrote:Tomorrow is a big day-( and not b/c of usnwr rankings come out)
Financial and other grant/ scholarship decision notices are going to be emailed or sent out at some schools. ( if they havent done so allready). It is the beginning of the final push to make a decision- hopefully more people will get more money from schools to attend!
they are? is this just a guess on your part or is there a specific reason why you think that

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Just tested by changing my time zone: I was right. Countdown has nothing to do with actual time or when it will be accesible, everything to do with your computer's internal clock.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Sigh, TLS and USNWR are going to crash so hard at midnight.

LLB2JD

Silver

Post by LLB2JD » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:26 pm

There is a countdown clock? I have not looked at the that. These people are crazy -

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:27 pm

glitter178 wrote:
northwood wrote:Tomorrow is a big day-( and not b/c of usnwr rankings come out)
they are? is this just a guess on your part or is there a specific reason why you think that
its a guess- since a few schools that Im interested in have told me they will release financial aid information beginning tomorrow.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”