Iowa vs Georgia (UGA)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
hokie

Iowa vs Georgia (UGA)

Postby hokie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:19 am

Although I still have 18 :shock: schools to hear back from, my decision has more or less come down to University of Iowa vs. University of Georgia. I received in-state from Georgia and am still waiting on Iowa regarding $$$. Assuming in-state at both and forgoing the importance of location, which school is better? I know most people will say "whichever region you like better", but I have been to both Iowa and Georgia and can see myself in either place for the long haul (I have lived/worked in 8 states coast-to-coast so I fit in pretty much anywhere on the map and also have absolutely 0 preference). My primary concerns are 1) better job placement in surrounding legal market 2) superior reputation within the legal community (nationally). Despite all of my research and unhealthy TLS surfing, I can't seem to find a distinct argument for one school over the other.

Also, would Cornell/Vandy/WUSTL/Minn/Emory/Notre Dame (these are all my money-burning hail mary apps) be worth it at sticker over in-state at Iowa and/or Georgia?

Thanks!
Last edited by hokie on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianWolf

Re: Iowa vs Georgia

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:22 am

Georgia has Atlanta & Savannah. Do you prefer farm girls or Southern Belles ?

hokie

Re: Iowa vs Georgia

Postby hokie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:24 am

CanadianWolf wrote:Georgia has Atlanta & Savannah. Do you prefer farm girls or Southern Belles ?

:lol: :lol: good point

showNprove

Re: Iowa vs Georgia (UGA)

Postby showNprove » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:11 pm

UGA. However, Cornell and Vandy would definitely be worth sticker over UGA. I'd pick WUSTl, Minn, or ND if you preferred the Midwest to the South. Go to the cheaper of UGA/Emory.

hokie

Postby hokie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Good points; another one chalked up for UGA! Do you really think Vandy at sticker would be worth it over UGA in-state? I would consider myself an extremely debt-averse individual but seeing as I have recently become ridden of all school/CC debt, I want to keep my debt as minimal as possibly without several compensating for a *much* lower school.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Just wait for the other 18 to get back with money and get back to us.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”