Iowa vs Georgia (UGA)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
hokie

Bronze

Iowa vs Georgia (UGA)

Postby hokie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:19 am

Although I still have 18 :shock: schools to hear back from, my decision has more or less come down to University of Iowa vs. University of Georgia. I received in-state from Georgia and am still waiting on Iowa regarding $$$. Assuming in-state at both and forgoing the importance of location, which school is better? I know most people will say "whichever region you like better", but I have been to both Iowa and Georgia and can see myself in either place for the long haul (I have lived/worked in 8 states coast-to-coast so I fit in pretty much anywhere on the map and also have absolutely 0 preference). My primary concerns are 1) better job placement in surrounding legal market 2) superior reputation within the legal community (nationally). Despite all of my research and unhealthy TLS surfing, I can't seem to find a distinct argument for one school over the other.

Also, would Cornell/Vandy/WUSTL/Minn/Emory/Notre Dame (these are all my money-burning hail mary apps) be worth it at sticker over in-state at Iowa and/or Georgia?

Thanks!
Last edited by hokie on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Iowa vs Georgia

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:22 am

Georgia has Atlanta & Savannah. Do you prefer farm girls or Southern Belles ?

hokie

Bronze

Re: Iowa vs Georgia

Postby hokie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:24 am

CanadianWolf wrote:Georgia has Atlanta & Savannah. Do you prefer farm girls or Southern Belles ?

:lol: :lol: good point

showNprove

Silver

Re: Iowa vs Georgia (UGA)

Postby showNprove » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:11 pm

UGA. However, Cornell and Vandy would definitely be worth sticker over UGA. I'd pick WUSTl, Minn, or ND if you preferred the Midwest to the South. Go to the cheaper of UGA/Emory.

hokie

Bronze

Postby hokie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Good points; another one chalked up for UGA! Do you really think Vandy at sticker would be worth it over UGA in-state? I would consider myself an extremely debt-averse individual but seeing as I have recently become ridden of all school/CC debt, I want to keep my debt as minimal as possibly without several compensating for a *much* lower school.

Grizz

Diamond

Postby Grizz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Just wait for the other 18 to get back with money and get back to us.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School�