Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Cardozo vs Brooklyn Vs Rutgers-Newark, all sticker?

Cardozo
35
31%
Brooklyn
15
13%
Rutgers-Newark
48
42%
Hofstra (20K)
15
13%
 
Total votes: 113

User avatar
JG Hall
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby JG Hall » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:19 am

I say Brooklyn, because BLS is near the stop for the IKEA shuttle, and I like cheap Swedish meatballs. Also, that's probably all your budget will allow when you graduate from any of these schools with a shitload of debt and no job prospects - particleboard furniture and cheap meatballs.

(and I believe this is the quality of response this thread deserves)

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby rman1201 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:52 am

JG Hall wrote:I say Brooklyn, because BLS is near the stop for the IKEA shuttle, and I like cheap Swedish meatballs. Also, that's probably all your budget will allow when you graduate from any of these schools with a shitload of debt and no job prospects - particleboard furniture and cheap meatballs.

(and I believe this is the quality of response this thread deserves)


Are you serious? I love IKEA, the food there is awesome. BLS just came back on my radar if they give me decent cash :D

Rule11
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:25 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby Rule11 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:27 pm

Even if it was flame, I really enjoyed this thread ("hose-brain" in particular).

If this wasn't flame, will you promise to keep up apprised of how you end up doing, OP? I confess that I'd take some grim, misanthropic satisfaction from seeing you blunder your way to just below median at Cardozo and then spend your jobless 2L summer informing "hose-brains" about how the grading curve is arbitrary (or, in the alternative, that you just have a "mental blockage" about law school exams).

User avatar
BrownBears09
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby BrownBears09 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:35 pm

JG Hall wrote:I say Brooklyn, because BLS is near the stop for the IKEA shuttle, and I like cheap Swedish meatballs. Also, that's probably all your budget will allow when you graduate from any of these schools with a shitload of debt and no job prospects - particleboard furniture and cheap meatballs.

(and I believe this is the quality of response this thread deserves)


Gross over exaggeration is an over exaggerated.

User avatar
Hank Chill
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby Hank Chill » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Rule11 wrote:Even if it was flame, I really enjoyed this thread ("hose-brain" in particular).

If this wasn't flame, will you promise to keep up apprised of how you end up doing, OP? I confess that I'd take some grim, misanthropic satisfaction from seeing you blunder your way to just below median at Cardozo and then spend your jobless 2L summer informing "hose-brains" about how the grading curve is arbitrary (or, in the alternative, that you just have a "mental blockage" about law school exams).


I enjoyed hose-brain as well.

TheStrand
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby TheStrand » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Hank Chill wrote:
Rule11 wrote:Even if it was flame, I really enjoyed this thread ("hose-brain" in particular).

If this wasn't flame, will you promise to keep up apprised of how you end up doing, OP? I confess that I'd take some grim, misanthropic satisfaction from seeing you blunder your way to just below median at Cardozo and then spend your jobless 2L summer informing "hose-brains" about how the grading curve is arbitrary (or, in the alternative, that you just have a "mental blockage" about law school exams).


I enjoyed hose-brain as well.

Something about the way you said this sounded sexual. Maybe just because it was in the context of "mental blockage."

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby rman1201 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:10 pm

OP: Have you decided yet?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby ilovesf » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:16 pm

rman1201 wrote:OP: Have you decided yet?

I have a feeling we would all know if he had made a decision.

User avatar
lawfreak
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby lawfreak » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:11 pm

ilovesf wrote:
rman1201 wrote:OP: Have you decided yet?

I have a feeling we would all know if he had made a decision.


Lol, probably true. Anyway, just in case any of you are genuinely interested in what my final decision will be...I am still waiting on a few schools before I attempt to use what I've got for negotiations. After that, I will hopefully make up my mind.

The options I put up here are all assuming I wont get any scholarship money from negotiations and is excluding the other potential schools I'm waiting on.

User avatar
HopelesslyOptimistic
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby HopelesslyOptimistic » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:14 pm

What schools are you waiting to hear from that you think you might have a shot at? Also, just thought I would let you know I voted for Cardozo. New Jersey is ehh(I personally just wouldn't want to live or practice there), so I automatically ruled Rutgers out. It also doesn't sound like you're too thrilled on that school either from what I've read, and you definately don't want to force anything. Considering most of your schools are in New York, there's no avoiding the high cost of living and increased debt. So I'm thinking you might as well be located in arguably the best part of New York(Manhattan), attending the best school out of your options, and hopefully make use of the Career Center, OCIs, and networking opportunities. Just because you're not attending a T-14 doesn't mean your totally SOL, it's what you make of your time at your school.. In any case, best of luck to you.

User avatar
lawfreak
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:05 am

HopelesslyOptimistic wrote:What schools are you waiting to hear from that you think you might have a shot at? Also, just thought I would let you know I voted for Cardozo. New Jersey is ehh(I personally just wouldn't want to live or practice there), so I automatically ruled Rutgers out. It also doesn't sound like you're too thrilled on that school either from what I've read, and you definately don't want to force anything. Considering most of your schools are in New York, there's no avoiding the high cost of living and increased debt. So I'm thinking you might as well be located in arguably the best part of New York(Manhattan), attending the best school out of your options, and hopefully make use of the Career Center, OCIs, and networking opportunities. Just because you're not attending a T-14 doesn't mean your totally SOL, it's what you make of your time at your school.. In any case, best of luck to you.


Thank you for the encouragement.

Regarding the high cost of living e.t.c., That is not a factor for me because I live by my parents in NY. That being the case, at this point without the negotiations, Hofstra would be my cheapest choice b/c they offered me 25k a year. However, I'm not sure that Hofstra is worth it even with the low cost tuition which is why I'm still considering Cardozo with all that debt.

The other schools I'm waiting on are Uconn and Brooklyn. After I hear from them and see if I get any scholarships (not likely, I know) then I will start negotiating and hopefully have a final decision before March 25, my deadline at Cardozo.

Best of luck to you as well!

krillas
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:25 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby krillas » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:56 pm

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... 82&rss=nlj

The law school with the highest tuition compared to its percentage of graduates taking NLJ 250 first-year associate jobs was Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. Of its 2010 graduates, 12.6% landed NLJ 250 jobs, for a ranking of No. 34 on the Go-To list. Cardozo's tuition was $45,170, making it the 14th most expensive school among the 50. Federal and state judicial clerkships didn't count toward the Go-To Law School rankings, and Cardozo reported that 18 graduates, or 4.7% of the class, took clerkships after graduation.

"We think we're well positioned, based on our relationships in the legal field, to do very well as the market picks up," said John DeNatale, director of communications at Cardozo.

kimberlykpage
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby kimberlykpage » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:30 pm

That's interesting, because in the Hofstra thread, you say you are still in review and haven't heard back from them.

User avatar
Hank Chill
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby Hank Chill » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:41 pm

kimberlykpage wrote:That's interesting, because in the Hofstra thread, you say you are still in review and haven't heard back from them.


EXPOSED.

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby FiveSermon » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:29 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=135634&p=4114169&hilit=+hofstra#p4114169

Posted on March 3rd saying he hasn't heard from Hofstra. What is this crap?

TheStrand
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby TheStrand » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:00 pm

FiveSermon wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=135634&p=4114169&hilit=+hofstra#p4114169

Posted on March 3rd saying he hasn't heard from Hofstra. What is this crap?

Interesting. One page back and he talks about getting his 25k scholarship. Surely he's not so stupid as to claim in the SAME THREAD that he both received 25k scholarship and is in review?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=325

kimberlykpage
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby kimberlykpage » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:06 pm

He's going to have a tough time as a lawyer if he can't even keep his online forum stories straight...

User avatar
lawfreak
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby lawfreak » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Ok guys I have to clear up that Hofstra thread thing, and you can choose whether to believe me or not. I checked out my "view your posts" and as always check the new posts. Well for some reason I thought I was in the "Brooklyn" thread when I posted that "IR since 1/18" post when I was in the "Hofstra" thread. In short, I thought I was posting that to Brooklyn law school thread which btw I got my answer from them today and was waitlisted. You can check that in the Brooklyn thread if you don;t believe me.

Any other questions? Feel free to post or PM.

User avatar
lawfreak
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby lawfreak » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:32 pm

I also must admit that I'm flattered as to how much analyzation goes into my posts. Thanks guys for taking such an interest in my issues! I mean that seriously.

Oh, and I'm just wondering according to you guys who thought I just made all that up - what would I gain by making up this info to a bunch of anonymous users? I'm a bit surprised that none of you even thought to give me the benefit of the doubt and assume that I accidently posted it in the wrong thread. How stupid do you really think I am (despite my low LSAT score of course)!?

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby FiveSermon » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:13 pm

lawfreak wrote:I also must admit that I'm flattered as to how much analyzation goes into my posts. Thanks guys for taking such an interest in my issues! I mean that seriously.

Oh, and I'm just wondering according to you guys who thought I just made all that up - what would I gain by making up this info to a bunch of anonymous users? I'm a bit surprised that none of you even thought to give me the benefit of the doubt and assume that I accidently posted it in the wrong thread. How stupid do you really think I am (despite my low LSAT score of course)!?


Yeah and all this analyzing points to the same advice. Retake or your better off doing something else.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby rman1201 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:01 pm

lawfreak wrote:I also must admit that I'm flattered as to how much analyzation goes into my posts. Thanks guys for taking such an interest in my issues! I mean that seriously.

Oh, and I'm just wondering according to you guys who thought I just made all that up - what would I gain by making up this info to a bunch of anonymous users? I'm a bit surprised that none of you even thought to give me the benefit of the doubt and assume that I accidently posted it in the wrong thread. How stupid do you really think I am (despite my low LSAT score of course)!?


Analysis?
I hate to be 'that guy', but if you haven't mastered basic English you're going to have a hard time as a lawyer.
Last edited by rman1201 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby Justathought » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:42 pm

rman1201 wrote:
lawfreak wrote:I also must admit that I'm flattered as to how much analyzation goes into my posts. Thanks guys for taking such an interest in my issues! I mean that seriously.

Oh, and I'm just wondering according to you guys who thought I just made all that up - what would I gain by making up this info to a bunch of anonymous users? I'm a bit surprised that none of you even thought to give me the benefit of the doubt and assume that I accidently posted it in the wrong thread. How stupid do you really think I am (despite my low LSAT score of course)!?


Analysis?
I hate to be 'that guy', but if you haven't matered basic English you're going to have a hard time as a lawyer.


It seems you have offended the internet gods in some way.

<3
Last edited by Justathought on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby rman1201 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:46 pm

Justathought wrote:
rman1201 wrote:
lawfreak wrote:I also must admit that I'm flattered as to how much analyzation goes into my posts. Thanks guys for taking such an interest in my issues! I mean that seriously.

Oh, and I'm just wondering according to you guys who thought I just made all that up - what would I gain by making up this info to a bunch of anonymous users? I'm a bit surprised that none of you even thought to give me the benefit of the doubt and assume that I accidently posted it in the wrong thread. How stupid do you really think I am (despite my low LSAT score of course)!?


Analysis?
I hate to be 'that guy', but if you haven't matered basic English you're going to have a hard time as a lawyer.


It seems you have offended the internet gods in some way.

<3

I have an excuse, I'm on an ipod with a tiny keyboard.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby Justathought » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:46 pm

rman1201 wrote:
Justathought wrote:
rman1201 wrote:
lawfreak wrote:I also must admit that I'm flattered as to how much analyzation goes into my posts. Thanks guys for taking such an interest in my issues! I mean that seriously.

Oh, and I'm just wondering according to you guys who thought I just made all that up - what would I gain by making up this info to a bunch of anonymous users? I'm a bit surprised that none of you even thought to give me the benefit of the doubt and assume that I accidently posted it in the wrong thread. How stupid do you really think I am (despite my low LSAT score of course)!?


Analysis?
I hate to be 'that guy', but if you haven't matered basic English you're going to have a hard time as a lawyer.


It seems you have offended the internet gods in some way.

<3

I have an excuse, I'm on an ipod with a tiny keyboard.


:D

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Postby rman1201 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:49 pm

And I acknowledge how loserly it sounds that I'm checking TLS from an Ipod... Im stuck in an airport (just left BU's ASD ... Sooooo awesome)




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests