Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Cardozo vs Brooklyn Vs Rutgers-Newark, all sticker?

Cardozo
31%
Brooklyn
13%
Rutgers-Newark
42%
Hofstra (20K)
13%

Total votes: 113

Justathought

Silver

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn vs Rutgers-Newark vs Hofstra(with 20K)?

Post by Justathought » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:55 pm

I say this sincerely, and say it only based on the pure entertainment value of this thread:

Best Thread of the Cycle.

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Justathought wrote:I say this sincerely, and say it only based on the pure entertainment value of this thread:

idk, we have a late but up-and-coming contender with the William Mitchell Thread

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:05 pm

aliarrow wrote:
Justathought wrote:I say this sincerely, and say it only based on the pure entertainment value of this thread:

idk, we have a late but up-and-coming contender with the William Mitchell Thread
I'm going to read it. I'll report back later with my assessment. Gut instinct tells me it will be very tough to beat the tone of this thread, which is one of anger that degenerates into a sort of dark comedy, and does so without the use of lame memes. This one is a classic.

witorres89

New

Post by witorres89 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:35 pm

You have have a 4.0 in math, why not make it rain as a banker

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:39 pm

I still don't know if I buy the 4.0 in math bs. If it's real math and from a real school theres no way anyone could do awful on the LSAT, unless there's absolutely no reading comprehension ability (in which case, why the fuck are you going to law school?)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:13 pm

aliarrow wrote:I still don't know if I buy the 4.0 in math bs. If it's real math and from a real school theres no way anyone could do awful on the LSAT, unless there's absolutely no reading comprehension ability (in which case, why the fuck are you going to law school?)
No one is asking you to buy anything! I don't give a Giraffe's ass what you believe because I don't know you or anyone on this thread nor do I care to for that matter, so I have nothing to gain by making that up. The fact is that I graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 3.95 GPA from a reputable school, and yes, I choked big time on the reading comp section on the LSAT, which I wouldn't compare to any normal piece of reading. I don't know about you but chinese poetry and the like doesn't interest me in the slightest, and so yes, it was hard for me to focus on that boring shit under that time pressure. I did very well on the other 3 sections but that reading comp was the killer.

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:08 am

lawfreak wrote:
aliarrow wrote:I still don't know if I buy the 4.0 in math bs. If it's real math and from a real school theres no way anyone could do awful on the LSAT, unless there's absolutely no reading comprehension ability (in which case, why the fuck are you going to law school?)
No one is asking you to buy anything! I don't give a Giraffe's ass what you believe because I don't know you or anyone on this thread nor do I care to for that matter, so I have nothing to gain by making that up. The fact is that I graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 3.95 GPA from a reputable school, and yes, I choked big time on the reading comp section on the LSAT, which I wouldn't compare to any normal piece of reading. I don't know about you but chinese poetry and the like doesn't interest me in the slightest, and so yes, it was hard for me to focus on that boring shit under that time pressure. I did very well on the other 3 sections but that reading comp was the killer.
Then we arrive to the clause in parenthesis: If you have a hard time comprehending mundane text you don't care about, why the fuck do you want to be a lawyer?

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:18 am

Then we arrive to the clause in parenthesis: If you have a hard time comprehending mundane text you don't care about, why the fuck do you want to be a lawyer?
First of all, I wouldn't call LSAT reading comp "mundane" unless your strange and that's the kind of stuff you normally read. Second, you're an ignorant dumbass cuz you just don't get it, I don't see where you make that comparison of chinese poetry to the material I'll be reading as a lawyer. Third, I can't imagine that the reading done in law school is as time pressured and as boring as the lsat reading comp. Yes, there are probably lots of boring cases to read, but I'd take that over chinese poetry any day!

Cara

New

Post by Cara » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:54 am

I haven't read the last nine pages but if all that happened is that you choked on the reading comp section then just retake the LSAT. If you got a 3.95 majoring in abstract math from a good school you should be able to get 170+ relatively easily and go to a good law school. Otherwise you're just wasting your great GPA and going to (at best) very mediocre schools with extremely dubious employment prospects.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:56 am

Cara wrote:I haven't read the last nine pages but if all that happened is that you choked on the reading comp section then just retake the LSAT. If you got a 3.95 majoring in abstract math from a good school you should be able to get 170+ relatively easily and go to a good law school. Otherwise you're just wasting your great GPA and going to schools with extremely dubious employment prospects.
The last 9 pages have been a combination of OP stating he cant/wont retake and awkward insults from OP (see: hose brain)

firemed

Silver

Post by firemed » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:02 am

ETA: OP- the number of things you are wrong about in this thread are mind-boggling. I would try to convince you of things, but you obviously aren't interested. FYI I voted for Rutgers if you are still set on biglaw or good govt work. If not, subtract one from that in the poll and add it to Hofstra.

Or, you know, retake.

Oh, and before you say it... I literally am a hose brain, so that is actually a compliment. TYIA.

ETAx2: Also, generally interviewers for jobs require... how shall I phrase this... they require someone to be a people person. Your methods of communication in this thread do not bode well for that. Consider chilling. Does NY have a medical marijuana law you could possibly take advantage of?
Last edited by firemed on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cara

New

Post by Cara » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:05 am

Can't or won't? It can only be can't if he has maxed out his attempts and I find it difficult to believe he choked on reading comp every single time. On the other hand if he did then perhaps he should take that as a very strong sign he's not going to be suited for a career that is all about reading comp. If he's good at math but poor at reading comp there are much better careers than law for him.

If it's he simply refuses to retake then he is just being pigheaded and hurting himself.

firemed

Silver

Post by firemed » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:07 am

Cara wrote:Can't or won't? It can only be can't if he has maxed out his attempts and I find it difficult to believe he choked on reading comp every single time. On the other hand if he did then perhaps he should take that as a very strong sign he's not going to be suited for a career that is all about reading comp. If he's good at math but poor at reading comp there are much better careers than law for him.

If it's he simply refuses to retake then he is just being pigheaded and hurting himself.

You just summed up the last 9 pages, which FYI were hilarious. Law (and law school) seems to largely involve reading boring, boring, boring shit and making something out of it as far as I can tell from my internship, lawyer friends, and time spent watching classes. But whatevs.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:08 am

Cara wrote:Can't or won't? It can only be can't if he has maxed out his attempts and I find it difficult to believe he choked on reading comp every single time. On the other hand if he did then perhaps he should take that as a very strong sign he's not going to be suited for a career that is all about reading comp. If he's good at math but poor at reading comp there are much better careers than law for him.

:lol:

I foresee a very promising battle-of-the-awkward-insults :mrgreen:

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:45 am

i have no idea why this guy doesnt just retake and get 160+ ED to UVA.

UVA biglaw 40%~
carbozo/brooklyn- 10%~

If you can get almost a 4.0 then im sure you can get a 160.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:08 am

retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake retake

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:17 am

Wow, radlaw must have been really bored when he posted that :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AssociateX

New

Post by AssociateX » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:32 am

Any decision yet?

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:38 am

Forget NYC. Go to Rutgers and shoot for NJ

Turtledove

New

Post by Turtledove » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:38 am

No really -- I want to know what did you decide Lawfreak.

Seriously though, it you stick around for next year and for OCI after that you will be my favorite poster ever.

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Turtledove wrote:No really -- I want to know what did you decide Lawfreak.

Seriously though, it you stick around for next year and for OCI after that you will be my favorite poster ever.
Very flattering, if you really wanna know where I'm going then you can pm me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hank Chill

Bronze

Post by Hank Chill » Thu May 05, 2011 3:50 pm

I bet I can guess which school he chose...

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Thu May 05, 2011 3:53 pm

lawfreak and taxguy should have an irl meet up.

firemed

Silver

Post by firemed » Thu May 05, 2011 5:13 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:lawfreak and taxguy should have an irl meet up.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

auroojgulzar

New

Post by auroojgulzar » Thu May 05, 2011 5:43 pm

cadozo because its a good school and people are nice

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”