Is texas the right school for me?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 9

BeachandRun23

Postby BeachandRun23 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:25 pm

I have lived on the east coast all my life. Never been to texas, but the city of austin seems really enticing and I'd much rather be in a city for law school than some rural location.

I am interested in government or politics and I would really like to work in NY or DC one day.

I am considering firm work upon graduation and I am not opposed to staying in texas for a few years if thats where the best opportunities are.

However, i'm very nervous that I'm making a bad decision here because no one on TLS seems to ever suggest anyone attend texas unless they are absolutely sure they want to practice in texas. That said if people do want to work in texas, most TLSers say to take texas w/ instate tuition over most of the T14 lol.

Also, I should add, texas is the best school I got into. I could look towards GW or Fordham, but are those really better than texas (assuming little monetary differences)? Vandy is not an option right now (riding out waitlist). Money is not a huge concern here because the rents have offered to pay for half of law school.

Thanks so much guys.

Patriot1208

Re: Is texas the right school for me?

Postby Patriot1208 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:29 pm

BeachandRun23 wrote:I have lived on the east coast all my life. Never been to texas, but the city of austin seems really enticing and I'd much rather be in a city for law school than some rural location.

I am interested in government or politics and I would really like to work in NY or DC one day.

I am considering firm work upon graduation and I am not opposed to staying in texas for a few years if thats where the best opportunities are.

However, i'm very nervous that I'm making a bad decision here because no one on TLS seems to ever suggest anyone attend texas unless they are absolutely sure they want to practice in texas. That said if people do want to work in texas, most TLSers say to take texas w/ instate tuition over most of the T14 lol.

Also, I should add, texas is the best school I got into. I could look towards GW or Fordham, but are those really better than texas (assuming little monetary differences)? Vandy is not an option right now (riding out waitlist). Money is not a huge concern here because the rents have offered to pay for half of law school.

Thanks so much guys.

If you are going to have zero debt, take Texas, GW, or Fordham depending on what city/state you want to be in.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”