Are medianpwned kids @ WUSTL-GW-Illini-BU all in same boat? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ClaytonR

New

Are medianpwned kids @ WUSTL-GW-Illini-BU all in same boat?

Post by ClaytonR » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:30 am

A lot would depend on debt, which give WUSTL and Illinois, generous schools, an advantage; however, their markets seem to be limited and competitive.

What other schools would you add to this list?

ResolutePear

Platinum

Re: Are medianpwned kids @ WUSTL-GW-Illini-BU all in same boat?

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:50 am

The collective voices on this forum say...

Everybody who is the aforementioned, "medianpwned" and is not in Yale.

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:21 am

Check out the T20-30 thread - its on the board somewhere. General consensus is that T20-30 schools are a crapshoot - I'm at BU and know median people with bigfirm jobs lined up, but also people around top 10% who struck out. Boston tends to be a less competitive market than Chicago or DC (Boston has a few non-NLJ, market-rate firms that take decent summer classes - e.g., Choate Hall and Stewart), so I think BU/BC are holding up better than its peers, but when people median at MVP are striking out, none of these are even close to a safe bet.

ClaytonR

New

Post by ClaytonR » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Blindmelon wrote:Check out the T20-30 thread - its on the board somewhere. General consensus is that T20-30 schools are a crapshoot - I'm at BU and know median people with bigfirm jobs lined up, but also people around top 10% who struck out. Boston tends to be a less competitive market than Chicago or DC (Boston has a few non-NLJ, market-rate firms that take decent summer classes - e.g., Choate Hall and Stewart), so I think BU/BC are holding up better than its peers, but when people median at MVP are striking out, none of these are even close to a safe bet.
::puts on dissenter voice:: But WUSTL is top-19!

Informative

Bronze

Post by Informative » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Blindmelon wrote:Check out the T20-30 thread - its on the board somewhere. General consensus is that T20-30 schools are a crapshoot - I'm at BU and know median people with bigfirm jobs lined up, but also people around top 10% who struck out. Boston tends to be a less competitive market than Chicago or DC (Boston has a few non-NLJ, market-rate firms that take decent summer classes - e.g., Choate Hall and Stewart), so I think BU/BC are holding up better than its peers, but when people median at MVP are striking out, none of these are even close to a safe bet.
TITCR.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”