I seriously hate to do this but... NYU vs Chicago Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Feast your eyes on THIS:

Chicago
42%
NYU
58%

Total votes: 85

ahduth

Gold

Re: I seriously hate to do this but... NYU vs Chicago

Post by ahduth » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:19 pm

jcunni5 wrote:I guess you could take the redline too which is definitely a better line, I just thought the green line was closer to U Chi's campus. Although getting on at 63rd and taking it to Clark/Division, Fullerton, Addison is basically just as big of a pain
I always took the Garfield bus out there, I was usually going to Lakeview or somewhere along lake anyways though, so I wanted to be on the red line anyhow.
glitched wrote:damn... i guess it'll come down to ASW it looks. but i don't even know if i can afford to go to both. lame.
Chicago has a better techno scene. But I don't know about which is better for dubstep. :D

You also don't actually have to live in Hyde Park. You can commute down there for classes after your first year. Probably want to be there for 1L though.

logistikon

New

Post by logistikon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:32 pm

ahduth wrote:
jcunni5 wrote:I guess you could take the redline too which is definitely a better line, I just thought the green line was closer to U Chi's campus. Although getting on at 63rd and taking it to Clark/Division, Fullerton, Addison is basically just as big of a pain
I always took the Garfield bus out there, I was usually going to Lakeview or somewhere along lake anyways though, so I wanted to be on the red line anyhow.
glitched wrote:damn... i guess it'll come down to ASW it looks. but i don't even know if i can afford to go to both. lame.
Chicago has a better techno scene. But I don't know about which is better for dubstep. :D

You also don't actually have to live in Hyde Park. You can commute down there for classes after your first year. Probably want to be there for 1L though.
they invented house music in chicago!

but then again where did disco music first become popular....

egad!

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Yeah, the house scene is better in Chicago too. A lot of people in New York think "house" refers to trashy top 40 club fare. Whereas you can still catch Frankie Knuckles around Chicago periodically.

blink

Bronze

Post by blink » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:02 pm

ahduth wrote:
blink wrote:
jcunni5 wrote:You'll have a lot better experience in terms of enjoyment at NYU i think, Hyde Park (where U of C is) a miserable depressing place and you're not gonna wanna get on the shitty green line every time you want to have a good time. NYU from my understanding is in one of the coolest places in NYC.

I think that Chicago is a slightly more national school placing in more markets since NYU is very NY centric so that might be a point for U of C

U Chi will probably have a cheaper COL for sure

I think NYU is overall the better choice though, the "rigor" of U of C and Hyde Park would just suck too much for 3 years
Bolded is exactly right.
Why didn't you guys take the red line?
haha good point, but I was more concerned with how dark and depressing the UC campus seemed and less with the transportation up to downtown

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:04 pm

UChi students are weird and competitive.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

retake

New

Post by retake » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:09 pm

I'd pick Chicago over Yale just for the tighter curve. Does that make me weird and competitive?

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:24 pm

retake wrote:I'd pick Chicago over Yale just for the tighter curve. Does that make me weird and competitive?
it makes you an idiot when you get medianpwnt and then joblesspwnt and then debtpwnt

retake

New

Post by retake » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:29 pm

legends159 wrote:
retake wrote:I'd pick Chicago over Yale just for the tighter curve. Does that make me weird and competitive?
it makes you an idiot when you get medianpwnt and then joblesspwnt and then debtpwnt
Gotta play the game to get ahead, bro.

blink

Bronze

Post by blink » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:03 pm

no you wouldn't

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Frankie55

Bronze

Post by Frankie55 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:34 pm

To move things away from quality of life for a sec: exactly how much of an edge does N have over C for NYU biglaw? By the looks of LSN, it seems N obviously has significantly more firms. On the other hand, I'd be an idiot to turn down significant $ at C even if my goal is to work in NYC, right?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”