What should i do, Cardozo (full ride) vs Retake n` Reapply

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
JD=Doctor

What should i do, Cardozo (full ride) vs Retake n` Reapply

Postby JD=Doctor » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:56 am

i have a 165,166
3.7x
W/L at UCLA
no word from USC

well you know my chances at nyu cls

Should i just live with this cycle and go to dozo (full ride) or if im able ucla usc

OR

Should i study (i was at a 169-173 range when i got my 166) and re-take in June?

CONS: There is no guarantee i get a higher score after all that work, If i do get a higher score id be giving up a year and possibly go to a higher school with debt vs dozo for free

PRO: if i happen to not do better ill still be going to LS next year anyways... , CLS - dream

if i do the latter and i commit to dozo and at the end of june find out i got a 170+ would there be any problem in withdrawing?

also consider that i have nothing lined up for next year* and the pain in the @$$ to re-study.

bbermud

Re: What should i do, Cardozo (full ride) vs Retake n` Reapply

Postby bbermud » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:46 am

JD=Doctor wrote:i have a 165,166
3.7x
W/L at UCLA
no word from USC

well you know my chances at nyu cls

Should i just live with this cycle and go to dozo (full ride) or if im able ucla usc

OR

Should i study (i was at a 169-173 range when i got my 166) and re-take in June?

CONS: There is no guarantee i get a higher score after all that work, If i do get a higher score id be giving up a year and possibly go to a higher school with debt vs dozo for free

PRO: if i happen to not do better ill still be going to LS next year anyways... , CLS - dream

if i do the latter and i commit to dozo and at the end of june find out i got a 170+ would there be any problem in withdrawing?

also consider that i have nothing lined up for next year* and the pain in the @$$ to re-study.

Please, for the love of God, don't go to Cardozo with those numbers. A fullride sounds pretty sweet, but i hear lots of firms in the northeast won't even look at applicants unless they are from columbia or nyu(coming out of NYC),. Also, if you are wanting to practice in southern cali post graduation, you will have alot harder time trying find a job coming from cardozo. Are you set on either NYC or Southern Cali? wait a year, retake the test if you absolutely find it necessary, and reapply if you are absolutely set on those schools. but also apply to other schools. ur score can easily get you into a top 15-25 school depending on ur softs. why would you give that up to go to a tier 2 school that normally does bad in the job market(unless you are at the absolute top of your class, and even then....) with the economy like it is.

P.S. dont accept the offer from admission from cardozo. its not worth the seat deposit if you are going to renege on the offer. best of luck!

P.S.S here is a thread dealing with the pros and cons of going to cardozo that I came across. hope it helps!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=146623

Return to “Choosing a Law School”