Few questions RE: IP/Tech law, Boalt and work experience

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Noogan

Few questions RE: IP/Tech law, Boalt and work experience

Postby Noogan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:20 am

Hey TLS,

I am considering a legal career in Technology/IP/Internet law. Geographically, I would prefer if my career were somewhere in Silicon Valley. From what I have gathered so far, Berkeley is the best school for this career path, but I am curious what other schools could put me in relatively similar situation (keeping in mind that I would like to work in Silicon Valley). My LSAT/GPA is 169/3.97 with decent softs.

Also, I would much rather intern or work for a few years at an institution that can give me relevant work experience and insight into this field of law, and also enhance my chances of getting into Berkeley. Any suggestions? For example, if there were some way work in the ACLU's Technology and Liberty program, I imagine that would be very relevant work experience for an application to Berkeley while also giving great insight into the intersection of Technology and Constitutional law.

Thanks!

Casey2889

Re: Few questions RE: IP/Tech law, Boalt and work experience

Postby Casey2889 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:43 am

Apply to Stanford. Depending on where you went UG, the harm from your LSAT (still around the SLS 170 median) can be reduced.

I think you are a good bet at Boalt, but not a lock.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”