Help me out...Ave maria?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
SupraVln180

Re: Help me out...Ave maria?

Postby SupraVln180 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:26 am

rad law wrote:
Fred_McGriff wrote:There are three two good decent law schools in Florida. If she wants to be close, she should go to one of them.

But if OP's ladyfriend wants to stay in Florida, her best option is FSU.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:34 am

Sup.

Soooo I hear you likez Ave Maria, eh?

Just so you know, Ave Maria was founded by Dominos' CEO and thankfully you will have a solid job when you get out of Ave Maria.

As a pizza delivery dude. Don't believe me? Ask your local Dominos guy.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:35 am

rad law wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
rad law wrote:Rad, which school got lopped off there lol?

I can answer that for rad because I know his thoughts on this. UF and FSU. Stetson, Miami, etc. do not make the cut.

Bingo

I just need continual reinforcement FSU is a good choice for me, thanks lol

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:57 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:I just need continual reinforcement FSU is a good choice for me, thanks lol

1) Are you cool with not getting biglaw?
2) Are you keeping your debt low?
3) Are you cool with the de facto and de jure govt. hiring freezes?
4) Are you cool with being in an incredibly saturated market that is the target of people from T25ish schools?
5) Are you cool with small and midsize firms?
6) Are you cool with being perceived (rightly or wrongly) as a second-fiddle school in the state?

Enjoy FSU.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:00 am

rad law wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:I just need continual reinforcement FSU is a good choice for me, thanks lol

1) Are you cool with not getting biglaw?
2) Are you keeping your debt low?
3) Are you cool with the de facto and de jure govt. hiring freezes?
4) Are you cool with being in an incredibly saturated market that is the target of people from T25ish schools?
5) Are you cool with small and midsize firms?
6) Are you cool with being perceived (rightly or wrongly) as a second-fiddle school in the state?

Enjoy FSU.

People go to FSU to get their JD to teach Middle-school civics. Duh.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:12 am

rad law wrote:

Hell, why not threadjack...

1) Are you cool with not getting biglaw? Yup.
2) Are you keeping your debt low? Same scholarship as Barbie, which is why I am going with them over UF.
3) Are you cool with the de facto and de jure govt. hiring freezes? Scott can suck it.
4) Are you cool with being in an incredibly saturated market that is the target of people from T25ish schools? Fortunately, already have government connections in South Florida (thanks, pops) but I love state and would be happy just about anywhere in it. Effectively, yes, I can deal with it.
5) Are you cool with small and midsize firms? Absolutely, exactly what I want to do.
6) Are you cool with being perceived (rightly or wrongly) as a second-fiddle school in the state? Believe it or not, this is the hardest part to get by lol

Enjoy FSU.

And seriously, that might be the most thorough advice I've gotten yet. Thanks rad.

Oh, and Ave sucks. Like previous posters said, tell her parents to get the fuck off of her. She's obviously talented enough to succeed without them.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:14 am

DONT GO TO ME AVE MARIA
YOUr DEBT IS TOO MUCH FOR ME
I SEE YOU AND HEAR YOU
AND LOATHE THOSE THAT GO NEAR YE
FOR THERE IS JUST TOO MANY
BETTTER LAW SCHOOLS IN FLORIDA
AND PROLLY ONE YOU CAN GO TO FOR FREEE
DONT GO TO ME AVE MARIA!

Upton Sinclair

Postby Upton Sinclair » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:2) Are you keeping your debt low? Same scholarship asBarbie, which is why I am going with them over UF.

Let's be real here.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:18 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
rad law wrote:

2) Are you keeping your debt low? Same scholarship as Barbie, which is why I am going with them over UF.
3) Are you cool with the de facto and de jure govt. hiring freezes? Scott can suck it.
4) Are you cool with being in an incredibly saturated market that is the target of people from T25ish schools? Fortunately, already have government connections in South Florida (thanks, pops) but I love state and would be happy just about anywhere in it. Effectively, yes, I can deal with it.
5) Are you cool with small and midsize firms? Absolutely, exactly what I want to do.
6) Are you cool with being perceived (rightly or wrongly) as a second-fiddle school in the state? Believe it or not, this is the hardest part to get by lol

Enjoy FSU.

And seriously, that might be the most thorough advice I've gotten yet. Thanks rad.

Oh, and Ave sucks. Like previous posters said, tell her parents to get the fuck off of her. She's obviously talented enough to succeed without them.

That's a pretty good modified universal question question to ask though:

1. Do you have connections sufficient to get you a job when you graduate?
--> if yes; enjoy the cheapest law school you can get into, or, really whichever one you feel like going to

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:20 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
rad law wrote:

Enjoy FSU.

Haha I completely understand about the 2nd in FL thing. In any case, you might still have a hard road, but now that you know the perils, you can be prepared. Go with Christ my brother.

And yea, Ave is bad.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”