Syracuse?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
nshapkar

Syracuse?

Postby nshapkar » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Any thoughts? Just got in today, price tag is kind of daunting

HugerThanSoup

Re: Syracuse?

Postby HugerThanSoup » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:56 pm

I'm assuming you'd be paying sticker. Do you want to work in Syracuse? Are you independently wealthy? Do you have connections that will land you a job post-grad?

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:58 pm

sticker- not a good option. If you really dont mind living in syracuse then with some financial assistance- it could be worth it. If you dont want to live in syracuse or the surrounding area- then dont go

aknecht

Postby aknecht » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:57 am

I just looked up the actual tuition figure for this upcoming year and $44,856 seems like a ton of money, especially for where the school is located.

So my choice is going to boil down to Syracuse at sticker, DePaul discounted 18k, or Denver discounted 20k. I'm from Chicago so that influences things significantly too.

Is everyone else just :shock: :shock: about the price tag?

HugerThanSoup

Postby HugerThanSoup » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:12 am

aknecht wrote:I just looked up the actual tuition figure for this upcoming year and $44,856 seems like a ton of money, especially for where the school is located.

So my choice is going to boil down to Syracuse at sticker, DePaul discounted 18k, or Denver discounted 20k. I'm from Chicago so that influences things significantly too.

Is everyone else just :shock: :shock: about the price tag?

That, and employment prospects. Even in Syracuse, it's been nearly impossible for recent grads to find jobs. I know several 3Ls on the Law Review who are unemployed. Unless you have connections (e.g. your parents are going to hire you to work at their law firm post-grad), it's absolutely not worth sticker.

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:13 pm

I am from the area, and am considering UB ( in state) Syracuse ( with a 27k/ year scholly- as long as i keep a 2.8) and Pitt ( out of state sticker).

I would like to remain in the region ( hence, why i am considering these 3 schools) afterwords. Which one would give me the best bet for the money? Law school will be the only student loans i have to take out- and i dont have any other loans ( paid off the car a few months ago). and why would you choose the school

thanks for yoru help

Return to “Choosing a Law School”