The #28 spot on USNWR

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
donzoli

Re: The #28 spot on USNWR

Postby donzoli » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Isn't UFlorida the only school lower than rank 27 that isn't in a tie? Let's have threads about all of those ties.

I for one would like to see the tie at 98 broken, which would bump some schools into the tierd tier.

If you are interested in how any of those ties will shake out in the new rankings, I would say go for it and make a thread.

novab

Postby novab » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:21 pm

why do you think W&M will be going down?

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:26 pm

novab wrote:why do you think W&M will be going down?

Your dog looks exactly like my dog! :mrgreen:

And, I have no knowledge about W&M, I just hope UNC moves upward in rankings since I think their reputation is better than a 28.

novab

Postby novab » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:29 pm

DeeCee wrote:

Your dog looks exactly like my dog! :mrgreen:

And, I have no knowledge about W&M, I just hope UNC moves upward in rankings since I think their reputation is better than a 28.

haha - she was actually just groomed. she's a bit ratty when the fur gets out of control :)

donzoli

Postby donzoli » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:35 pm

It looks like W&M did improve their numbers slightly. It was more of a gut feeling with them. I was hoping with this thread people might be able to speak to individual school's situations, possibly as current students at the school, and provide insight one way or another on what might happen.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:01 am

bk1 wrote:
Some people think that Obama was born in Kenya. Is that too worthy of discussion?

YES.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:07 am

Obama's birth cert has nothing to do with the #28 position in USNWR.

So, will W&M and UNC (possibly) go up in rank??

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:09 am

DeeCee wrote:Obama's birth cert has nothing to do with the #28 position in USNWR.

For our sake, let's hope UNC jumps a few spots. It is too early to tell, but based off LSN, it looks like they may raise their LSAT median.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:10 am

SupraVln180 wrote:
DeeCee wrote:Obama's birth cert has nothing to do with the #28 position in USNWR.

For our sake, let's hope UNC jumps a few spots. It is too early to tell, but based off LSN, it looks like they may raise their LSAT median.

That's what I'm saying, too.

donzoli

Postby donzoli » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:00 am

I looks like UNC's 25/Med/75 LSAT increased by +2/+1/+1 while the Gpa stats are pretty much the same. These increases are from the entering class of 2010 over the class of 2009. The entering 2010 numbers are what matters for the rankings that come out this spring.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:27 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:

Did you even check UNC's LSN numbers? What on there, in those <30 anonymous acceptances, indicates an increase in LSAT median? Also, did you bother to check the other schools at #28, whose graphs look similar? If anything, it looks like UNC has only accepted a few URMs and auto-admits. Another point to consider if that these auto-admits have applied to other, more prestigious schools. UNC is more like a safety school with a low in-state tuition cost for these auto-admits. UGA, W&M, and UW-M are in the same position. Check out their LSN graphs this year.

donzoli

Postby donzoli » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Pricer wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:

Did you even check UNC's LSN numbers? What on there, in those <30 anonymous acceptances, indicates an increase in LSAT median? Also, did you bother to check the other schools at #28, whose graphs look similar? If anything, it looks like UNC has only accepted a few URMs and auto-admits. Another point to consider if that these auto-admits have applied to other, more prestigious schools. UNC is more like a safety school with a low in-state tuition cost for these auto-admits. UGA, W&M, and UW-M are in the same position. Check out their LSN graphs this year.

I think you're getting a year ahead of yourself. The rankings that come out in a month or so will be based off the 2010 entering class' numbers which I posted above.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:15 pm

donzoli wrote:
Pricer wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:

I think you're getting a year ahead of yourself. The rankings that come out in a month or so will be based off the 2010 entering class' numbers which I posted above.

Huge failure on my part.

YourCaptain

Postby YourCaptain » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:39 pm

W&M is a very solid school; it just has the misfortune of being shadowed by UVA.

I got into a better school with better $$$ opportunities, and was waitlisted by W&M, but I thought it was a great school and very well might have turned down my current school to go there had I been admitted.

It's about on par with UNC, but I can't see it dropping.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:42 pm

SBL wrote:There is already pretty much 0 qualitative difference between any of these schools. Who cares?

YourCaptain

Postby YourCaptain » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:43 pm

rad law wrote:
SBL wrote:There is already pretty much 0 qualitative difference between any of these schools. Who cares?

ym

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:45 pm

silly thread

donzoli

Postby donzoli » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:09 pm

Any other losers that are home on a Friday night wanna take a stab at it?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”