GULC versus GW

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bk1

Re: GULC versus GW

Postby bk1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Marionberry wrote:Are LOCI's also intended to be kind of "Why (x school)" essays too?

Yeah basically: "I really want to go to your school. I think it is awesome. Please accept me. You are one of my top picks and will likely attend if accepted. P.S. Your school is cool. blahblahblahblah."

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:15 pm

bk1 wrote:
Marionberry wrote:Are LOCI's also intended to be kind of "Why (x school)" essays too?

Yeah basically: "I really want to go to your school. I think it is awesome. Please accept me. You are one of my top picks and will likely attend if accepted. P.S. Your school is cool. blahblahblahblah."

Are thinly veiled terroristic threats generally considered to be effective?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Marionberry wrote:Are thinly veiled terroristic threats generally considered to be effective?

Depends on the school. NYU might not believe you but Regent/Liberty would probably be shitting their pants and accept you just to avoid another 9/11.

FalafelWaffle

Postby FalafelWaffle » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:53 pm

bk1 wrote:
Marionberry wrote:Are thinly veiled terroristic threats generally considered to be effective?

Depends on the school. NYU might not believe you but Regent/Liberty would probably be shitting their pants and accept you just to avoid another 9/11.

But then you have to study faith-based law. Hey, there's no shame in a scholarship to Georgetown Waitlist University. I jest.

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Did everyone see US News and World Report 2012 stats?
GW has 97% employment 9 mos out and gulc only has 90% (which I believe was the worse for the T14 schools).
What's up with this. It almost makes me think someone made an error in the printing of these statistics.
But, if these stats are correct, then how can I justify paying double for gulc (after getting a huge schooly at gulc)?

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:50 pm

masterthearts wrote:Did everyone see US News and World Report 2012 stats?
GW has 97% employment 9 mos out and gulc only has 90% (which I believe was the worse for the T14 schools).
What's up with this. It almost makes me think someone made an error in the printing of these statistics.
But, if these stats are correct, then how can I justify paying double for gulc (after getting a huge schooly at gulc)?

:roll:

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:52 pm

oh no you didn't...

androstan

Postby androstan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:29 am

Students at GW without jobs at graduation are more willing to wait tables and make coffee to make their minimum loan payment after the grace period wears off.

GULC students consider themselves too good for that, and are more willing to let their wealthy parents support them until they can find work more appropriate to their station in life.

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:14 pm

androstan wrote:

Students at GW without jobs at graduation are more willing to wait tables and make coffee to make their minimum loan payment after the grace period wears off.

GULC students consider themselves too good for that, and are more willing to let their wealthy parents support them until they can find work more appropriate to their station in life.

your response makes sense

Return to “Choosing a Law School”