Which would you choose ? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which would you choose

University of Miami at sticker
21%
Chicago Kent 20k a yr scholarship
21%
Loyola new orleans full ride +3k
58%
Loyola chicago sticker
No votes
Catholic 9k scholly
No votes

Total votes: 24

gator6589

New

Which would you choose ?

Post by gator6589 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:08 pm

I am still waiting on. A few schools fsu uf northeastern and Brooklyn but as of now these are my options. I don't want to do big law necessarily or am I set on practicing in a set region.

P.s. My full ride stipulation is to maintain a 2.6

Snape

Bronze

Re: Which would you choose ?

Post by Snape » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Honeslty, throw out the Chicago schools--the best bet in terms of job prospects upon graduation and the least debt is Loyola NOLA--it does well in the region and leaves you without the debt the other schools would give you. Also, job prospects are poor at all schools but NOLA may be safest option.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Kent's scholly isnt terrible but you'll still have about 100k coming out. If you dont mind practicing in NO for the rest of your life I say Loyola NOLA is your best bet. How in the world Miami is making you do sticker with kent's 20k is beyond me.

gator6589

New

Post by gator6589 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Thats another thing I dont mind practicing in NOLA for a while but I dont want to forever. I am attedning the common law program not the civil. I have connections especially in Miami, which is why I may take the no debt and have my relatives set me up with the interviews. From most of what I have researched and asked current Miami attorneys from all ranges of the spectrum, Georgetown- Cooley, they all say take the money and run. Certianly higher ranking law schools open more doors once out of law school but those doors are interviews which dont translate into jobs. Once you have a job its the experience you've gained not the school which makes the lawyer. So I am leaning to no debt a lower paying job for a little and gaining experience.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:54 pm

If you're fine with working in NOLA for a while, this is a pretty easy call for Loyola.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”