(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
plug1

Postby plug1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Last edited by plug1 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top14Hope

Re: UF ($) vs Wake ($$) vs Miami ($$) vs UNC

Postby Top14Hope » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Charlotte------>UNC

Not going to stay in Florida ------->UNC

Going to stay in Florida ------> UF>UM (Unless you want to live and work in SoFla)
Last edited by Top14Hope on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkcamellia

Postby pinkcamellia » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:29 pm

I wouldn't take Miami unless you want to work in South Florida, and it seems like you want to get out of that state, so I would just eliminate them. UNC OOS is a lot of money, so I wouldn't choose them either. Of course, I have no idea how difficult it would be to get residency there, and I'm debt averse, so, there's that.

UF w/ in-state is really good, but the market is not great right now. That scholly at Wake combined with your desire to work somewhere like Charlotte makes Wake seem like a good choice to me. I have family in Charlotte and there are many Wake grads there. I would go with whichever one of those feels right to you!

BTW, If you really want Atlanta, have you considered UGA? They often do a tuition equalization for OOS 1Ls until you can get residency.

Best of luck in your law school decision!

HugerThanSoup

Postby HugerThanSoup » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:33 pm

At this point, I would say any of these would be fine except for UNC. UNC is barely T30, Wake/UF are T50, and Miami is T60. None of these schools have stellar job placement and so the priority should be limiting debt while maximizing your ability to find a job in the area that you want to work.

Overall, UNC is not worth 90k, IMHO. Wake would be a better option if the financials you provided are accurate. Miami and UF would also be fine options but you seem to be adverse to FL. I would visit all three and see which one you feel the most comfortable at and definitely talk to alumni (if possible) about regional placement prospects. Honestly, I'm not familiar enough with any of these schools to give you helpful differences between them.

MattThiessen

Postby MattThiessen » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Return to “Choosing a Law School”