Is WUSTL significantly better than GWU?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Is WUSTL significantly better than GWU?

Postby NU_Jet55 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:35 pm

idfatq wrote:How is chicago considered "regional" for WUSTL when it's 300 miles away? Using the same logic Philly and NYC are also "regional" for GW; both cities are closer to GW than chicago is to WUSTL.


It's not just about geographic proximity. It's also about alumni network and placement of graduates. Wash U consistently places a high percentage of its graduates in Chicago, and a large amount of our alumni currently reside there.

Also, GW places a good amount of grads in NYC and some in Philly. If you were to say those cities are "regional" for GW, it definitely wouldn't be the craziest thing anybody's ever said on TLS.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Is WUSTL significantly better than GWU?

Postby romothesavior » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:14 am

idfatq wrote:
romothesavior wrote:That said, I wouldn't go to WUSTL over GW if you want to be in D.C., and I wouldn't got to GW over WUSTL if you want to be in Chicago or St. Louis. Both schools have the ability to be national if you can dominate the curve, but for the average student, both are simply strong regional schools.


How is chicago considered "regional" for WUSTL when it's 300 miles away? Using the same logic Philly and NYC are also "regional" for GW; both cities are closer to GW than chicago is to WUSTL.


Are you for srs?

Image

WUSTL places primarily into a region, i.e. the Midwest. That is why I say it is primarily regional.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Is WUSTL significantly better than GWU?

Postby fatduck » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:28 am

romothesavior wrote:
idfatq wrote:
romothesavior wrote:That said, I wouldn't go to WUSTL over GW if you want to be in D.C., and I wouldn't got to GW over WUSTL if you want to be in Chicago or St. Louis. Both schools have the ability to be national if you can dominate the curve, but for the average student, both are simply strong regional schools.


How is chicago considered "regional" for WUSTL when it's 300 miles away? Using the same logic Philly and NYC are also "regional" for GW; both cities are closer to GW than chicago is to WUSTL.


Are you for srs?

WUSTL places primarily into a region, i.e. the Midwest. That is why I say it is primarily regional.


you obviously don't understand how law school prestige works

it is emitted radially from the law school's center and drops off as the inverse square of one's distance from the school

User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Is WUSTL significantly better than GWU?

Postby PDaddy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:31 am

ClaytonR wrote:Well now that I have your attention, of course not. But how much better is it? Or is it at all? WUSTL seems to get a bed rap, and I'm not sure why, while GWU is considered a a top non-t14 (that makes sense, right?). How much of it comes down to location v. the quality of the legal education one gets?


GWU is reputedly the better school.

ClaytonR
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:20 pm

Re: Is WUSTL significantly better than GWU?

Postby ClaytonR » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:05 am

PDaddy wrote:
ClaytonR wrote:Well now that I have your attention, of course not. But how much better is it? Or is it at all? WUSTL seems to get a bed rap, and I'm not sure why, while GWU is considered a a top non-t14 (that makes sense, right?). How much of it comes down to location v. the quality of the legal education one gets?


GWU is reputedly the better school.


Why? Quality of life during school? After? Better professors?

User avatar
FalafelWaffle
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: Is WUSTL significantly better than GWU?

Postby FalafelWaffle » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:26 pm

ClaytonR wrote:
PDaddy wrote:
ClaytonR wrote:Well now that I have your attention, of course not. But how much better is it? Or is it at all? WUSTL seems to get a bed rap, and I'm not sure why, while GWU is considered a a top non-t14 (that makes sense, right?). How much of it comes down to location v. the quality of the legal education one gets?


GWU is reputedly the better school.


Why? Quality of life during school? After? Better professors?


Because the

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Is WUSTL significantly better than GWU?

Postby fatduck » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:27 pm

FalafelWaffle wrote:
ClaytonR wrote:
PDaddy wrote:
ClaytonR wrote:Well now that I have your attention, of course not. But how much better is it? Or is it at all? WUSTL seems to get a bed rap, and I'm not sure why, while GWU is considered a a top non-t14 (that makes sense, right?). How much of it comes down to location v. the quality of the legal education one gets?


GWU is reputedly the better school.


Why? Quality of life during school? After? Better professors?


Because

Because of the wonderful things he does

User avatar
YourCaptain
Posts: 719
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Is WUSTL significantly better than GWU?

Postby YourCaptain » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:41 pm

It's ok Romo we got roasted after the OCI thread it's only temporary and the wounds of TLS's ire will heal in time.

*bro hug*




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheSpanishMain, woojin1287 and 2 guests