Is WUSTL significantly better than GWU? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
NU_Jet55

Silver

Re: Is WUSTL significantly better than GWU?

Post by NU_Jet55 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:35 pm

idfatq wrote:How is chicago considered "regional" for WUSTL when it's 300 miles away? Using the same logic Philly and NYC are also "regional" for GW; both cities are closer to GW than chicago is to WUSTL.
It's not just about geographic proximity. It's also about alumni network and placement of graduates. Wash U consistently places a high percentage of its graduates in Chicago, and a large amount of our alumni currently reside there.

Also, GW places a good amount of grads in NYC and some in Philly. If you were to say those cities are "regional" for GW, it definitely wouldn't be the craziest thing anybody's ever said on TLS.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:14 am

idfatq wrote:
romothesavior wrote: That said, I wouldn't go to WUSTL over GW if you want to be in D.C., and I wouldn't got to GW over WUSTL if you want to be in Chicago or St. Louis. Both schools have the ability to be national if you can dominate the curve, but for the average student, both are simply strong regional schools.
How is chicago considered "regional" for WUSTL when it's 300 miles away? Using the same logic Philly and NYC are also "regional" for GW; both cities are closer to GW than chicago is to WUSTL.
Are you for srs?

WUSTL places primarily into a region, i.e. the Midwest. That is why I say it is primarily regional.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:28 am

romothesavior wrote:
idfatq wrote:
romothesavior wrote: That said, I wouldn't go to WUSTL over GW if you want to be in D.C., and I wouldn't got to GW over WUSTL if you want to be in Chicago or St. Louis. Both schools have the ability to be national if you can dominate the curve, but for the average student, both are simply strong regional schools.
How is chicago considered "regional" for WUSTL when it's 300 miles away? Using the same logic Philly and NYC are also "regional" for GW; both cities are closer to GW than chicago is to WUSTL.
Are you for srs?

WUSTL places primarily into a region, i.e. the Midwest. That is why I say it is primarily regional.
you obviously don't understand how law school prestige works

it is emitted radially from the law school's center and drops off as the inverse square of one's distance from the school

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:31 am

ClaytonR wrote:Well now that I have your attention, of course not. But how much better is it? Or is it at all? WUSTL seems to get a bed rap, and I'm not sure why, while GWU is considered a a top non-t14 (that makes sense, right?). How much of it comes down to location v. the quality of the legal education one gets?
GWU is reputedly the better school.

ClaytonR

New

Post by ClaytonR » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:05 am

PDaddy wrote:
ClaytonR wrote:Well now that I have your attention, of course not. But how much better is it? Or is it at all? WUSTL seems to get a bed rap, and I'm not sure why, while GWU is considered a a top non-t14 (that makes sense, right?). How much of it comes down to location v. the quality of the legal education one gets?
Why? Quality of life during school? After? Better professors?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FalafelWaffle

Bronze

Post by FalafelWaffle » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:26 pm

ClaytonR wrote:
PDaddy wrote:
Because the

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:27 pm

FalafelWaffle wrote:
ClaytonR wrote:
PDaddy wrote:
Because
Because of the wonderful things he does

YourCaptain

Silver

Post by YourCaptain » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:41 pm

It's ok Romo we got roasted after the OCI thread it's only temporary and the wounds of TLS's ire will heal in time.

*bro hug*

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”