. Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ccamicus

New

Post by ccamicus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:41 am

Last edited by ccamicus on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gold

Re: Dear Chicago 0Ls, don't be misguided by losers

Post by 98234872348 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:42 am

ccamicus wrote:First of all, students choose law schools for their value, not for easy exams. If you have two choices, school A offers better education but with a harder grading curve, school B offers an easier grading curve but worse education, are you going to choose school B over A? I believe most people will choose A. So, make a rational choice: grading policy has no effect on a school's educational value. University of Chicago Law School is known for its intellectual vigor and great legal thoughts. I can protest that you will not be disappointed.
And this is where I stopped reading.

ccamicus

New

Post by ccamicus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:46 am

mistergoft wrote:
ccamicus wrote:First of all, students choose law schools for their value, not for easy exams. If you have two choices, school A offers better education but with a harder grading curve, school B offers an easier grading curve but worse education, are you going to choose school B over A? I believe most people will choose A. So, make a rational choice: grading policy has no effect on a school's educational value. University of Chicago Law School is known for its intellectual vigor and great legal thoughts. I can protest that you will not be disappointed.
And this is where I stopped reading.

Thanks for proofreading. Let me know if there are more typos.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:46 am

This is poorly reasoned and poorly written. Good job.

Also, lol at "don't be misguided by losers". WTF does that even mean?

beachbum

Gold

Re: Dear Chicago 0Ls, don't be misled by losers

Post by beachbum » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:50 am

Dude what. Did I miss something?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:54 am

ccamicus wrote:He explained that YLS did not need grades because YLS is the #1 and its class size is small, but HLS should not have got rid of the grades.
Lol.

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:55 am

No offense broseph, but that was a train wreck of a post. If your post reflects your actual writing ability, and if your writing ability reflects your potential for success in lawl school, then I predict you are either in the bottom of your class or a total flame.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:59 am

When people say they struck out at OCI when they really shouldn't have I think maybe they write/speak like this guy.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:03 am

Sandro wrote:When people say they struck out at OCI when they really shouldn't have I think maybe they write/speak like this guy.
Huge +1.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ccamicus

New

Post by ccamicus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:08 am

Sandro wrote:When people say they struck out at OCI when they really shouldn't have I think maybe they write/speak like this guy.
Well, I don't care what you say about my writing. I am in the bottom 1/3 and I did get an offer. But those are irrelevant. I like this school and want people to have the correct information.

IvanFK

New

Post by IvanFK » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:14 am

hey OP, is there any way you can provide some OCI stats for us 0Ls if it's not too much trouble?
thanks in advance

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:15 am

ccamicus wrote:
Well, I don't care what you say about my writing. I am in the bottom 1/3 and I did get an offer. But those are irrelevant. I like this school and want people to have the correct information.
I honestly am happy for you. And I think you probably have some very good points, but I couldnt get past the first couple sentences. Just FYI your message might get through to more people if it was a little more organized.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:20 am

Sandro wrote:Just FYI your message might get through to more people if it was a little more organized.
Dude, if he couldn't bother to learn to write well for good grades, he sure as hell won't do it to make things easier on folks on the Internet.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:25 am

ccamicus wrote:If you have two choices, school A offers better education but with a harder grading curve, school B offers an easier grading curve but worse education, are you going to choose school B over A? I believe most people will choose A.
Actually, smart and pragmatic people would go with B - especially considering that law school teaches you very little about the actual practice of law. You also ignore the reality that harsh/strict curve means more competitive classmates - that may have devastating effects on people's educational experience.

Besides, a 4.0 always looks better than a 3.0, regardless of the curve.

KibblesAndVick

Silver

Post by KibblesAndVick » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:34 am

This post further cemented my opinion of Chicago Law School and its students even though it was probably intended to do the opposite.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:36 am

Is posting the FOB text in response to a meaningless wall of text still a bannable offense?

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:44 am

U mad that 0Ls don't care at all about your RIGOUR little Chicago boy? (I think you so mad).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

forward

Bronze

Post by forward » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:55 am

I have no opinion on UChi's curve. I, like most others around these parts, regard UChi highly.

That said, you're embarrassing your school (if you are, indeed, a student at UChi). Defensive, poorly written rants play so well on the interwebz. :roll:

ccamicus

New

Post by ccamicus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:04 am

oops, I realized I was asking people not to be misled by me
:P
forward wrote:I have no opinion on UChi's curve. I, like most others around these parts, regard UChi highly.

That said, you're embarrassing your school (if you are, indeed, a student at UChi). Defensive, poorly written rants play so well on the interwebz. :roll:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”