DeeCee wrote: rad law wrote:
DeeCee wrote:I am really looking into attending UNC (I'm in-state). I believe it's ranked 28th. Are they really a T30 school as their ranking suggests, or prestige and employer wise, are they a pretty legit school for someone looking to get a job in the NC to DC area? Is the UNC name portrayed significantly different than say, Vandy, or GW, as the rankings would suggest?
Holy Jeezus, what the fuck, T30 is not a tier. UNC is a T30 school because it is ranked 28th. That's all that means. DO NOT count on getting a DC job from UNC. They are a "pretty legit" school for someone who want to work in NC. That's about it.
Statistics bear out that GW and Vandy have historically done better for biglaw. Vandy much better, GW quite so. Use your head for a second.
This poast reeks of failure.
Whoa WTF. I think that's a little rude. I meant top 30, and I don't want big law. I'm just asking an honest question, you don't have to get all offended because I'm making a comparison to your school.
Sorry, that was rude, but did you read the thread? If you did, you would find:
1) Top 30 is still not a meaningful category for comparison
2) References to NLJ250 statistics (and indeed all over TLS; you're not a newb)
Also, in general:
1) UNC has never been viewed as a regional school; basically it's an NC school, along with Wake
2) NLJ250 stats are the best approximation of placement, not just biglaw, that we have. It is still relevant even if you don't want biglaw
3) Charlotte as a financial center tanked and has not returned to the extent, say, NYC has returned. People who would have gotten biglaw will trickle down and attempt to take your jerbs