Need Help. Liberty, Mississippi College, Ave Marie

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
hhicks18

Need Help. Liberty, Mississippi College, Ave Marie

Postby hhicks18 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Before you read any further please understand this. I recognize that some of you are accepted into top 100 law schools and find responding to posts like this a ego booster, but not everyone can get into schools such the ones you have been admitted to. So please, lets take a trip back to kindergarten and be reminded...."if you do not have anything nice to say, don't say it at all". It will save both you and I time.

That being said, if you had to choose one of the three what would it be and why. I have done tons of research but dont know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

rebexness

Re: Need Help. Liberty, Mississippi College, Ave Marie

Postby rebexness » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:12 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anacreon

Postby Anacreon » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:13 pm

Don't go to law school. That's a nice thing to say.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Stats?

If you haven't taken the LSAT 3 times already, you should take it again.

LLB2JD

Postby LLB2JD » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:30 pm

All I'll say is that if you go to Liberty, just pray that a George Bush type becomes president in 2014.

http://www.boston.com/news/education/higher/articles/2007/04/08/scandal_puts_spotlight_on_christian_law_school/

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:53 pm

I don't know much about Liberty or Mississippi College, but Ave Maria shouldn't even be considered. There's far too many better law schools in Florida for Ave Maria grads to compete with.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:55 pm

hhicks18 wrote:Before you read any further please understand this. I recognize that some of you are accepted into top 100 law schools and find responding to posts like this a ego booster, but not everyone can get into schools such the ones you have been admitted to. So please, lets take a trip back to kindergarten and be reminded...."if you do not have anything nice to say, don't say it at all". It will save both you and I time.

That being said, if you had to choose one of the three what would it be and why. I have done tons of research but dont know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Retake bro. None of these schools are worth going to, not even for free; your chances of getting a job as a lawyer are not good.

Yeah, maybe this may not be "nice," but it is the truth.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Anacreon wrote:Don't go to law school. That's a nice thing to say.

I agree with this.

If you have to go to one of these, I might elect Mississippi. Liberty and Ave Maria have a bit of a ... taint ... that would make it difficult to find any kind of respectable legal job.

hhicks18

Postby hhicks18 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Once again, I just asked which of the three were better, not whether I should attend law school or not. Thank you to those who have chosen one.

Any other input?

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:37 pm

What are your stats?

You should probably retake. Also, it seems like you dont care what region you go to law school, so there are much better T3's ad T4;'s than those.

Anacreon

Postby Anacreon » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:37 pm

hhicks18 wrote:Once again, I just asked which of the three were better, not whether I should attend law school or not. Thank you to those who have chosen one.

Any other input?

If these are the only schools you're considering....

Just. Don't. Go.

Seriously.

The not nice thing would be to encourage you to go to law school.

gregthomas77

Postby gregthomas77 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:38 pm

hhicks18 wrote:Once again, I just asked which of the three were better, not whether I should attend law school or not. Thank you to those who have chosen one.

Any other input?

I have been to Liberty, including the law school, a few times (for different reasons) and without judging the quality of education, I will say the law school is very nice, located in the middle of a gorgeous overall campus, which is in the middle of a beautiful town. Again, this has nothing to do with what you would learn, but you would probalby be happy with your surroundings while you were there.

hhicks18

Postby hhicks18 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:40 pm

3.43/146

I have taken it twice an also took a princeton review prep course. I have been accepted to all three, I just dont know which one to go to. Also my fiancee is going to be attending one of the three as well. These are the best three for BOTH of us and that is why I am inquiring about these three.

hhicks18

Postby hhicks18 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:41 pm

gregthomas77 wrote:

Any other input?

I have been to Liberty, including the law school, a few times (for different reasons) and without judging the quality of education, I will say the law school is very nice, located in the middle of a gorgeous overall campus, which is in the middle of a beautiful town. Again, this has nothing to do with what you would learn, but you would probalby be happy with your surroundings while you were there.

Thank you for your input!

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Actually, Mississippi College is not a bad school to go to if you don't mind practicing in Jackson, MS forever. That's the good news. Now for the bad news: it's Mississippi.

ATR

Postby ATR » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Retake the LSAT. I did and I'm awesome, so you should, too!

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:49 pm

Any other input?

You are asking the wrong questions here.

Wake up.

bergg007

Postby bergg007 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Just don't go to Liberty. The people can be extremely unfriendly if you don't share their beliefs. When I was on campus or even just in Lynchburg these people were rude and uncivil when they found out about my religious beliefs. If i had to go to one of these schools i'd say Mississippi because Liberty is crazy and there are several better schools in the state, and Ave maria is aa small school in a way over-served market. There is less top100 competition in Mississippi, but I'd bet that ol miss dominates the state.

Seriously consider retaking the LSAT. You might end up with tons of debt and no way to pay it off if you don't. Why do you have to get a JD? Do you have a job lined up? if so then go for it other wise this could be a really expensive gamble you are making.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:51 pm

hhicks18 wrote:3.43/146

I have taken it twice an also took a princeton review prep course. I have been accepted to all three, I just dont know which one to go to. Also my fiancee is going to be attending one of the three as well. These are the best three for BOTH of us and that is why I am inquiring about these three.

Fair enough. Now I'm in no position to judge the relative quality of each of these, but this much needs to be said should you decide to go to one of them:

Do not do so by taking out any significant amount of debt.

gbpackerbacker

Postby gbpackerbacker » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:55 pm

bergg007 wrote:Just don't go to Liberty. The people can be extremely unfriendly if you don't share their beliefs. When I was on campus or even just in Lynchburg these people were rude and uncivil when they found out about my religious beliefs. If i had to go to one of these schools i'd say Mississippi because Liberty is crazy and there are several better schools in the state, and Ave maria is aa small school in a way over-served market. There is less top100 competition in Mississippi, but I'd bet that ol miss dominates the state.

Seriously consider retaking the LSAT. You might end up with tons of debt and no way to pay it off if you don't. Why do you have to get a JD? Do you have a job lined up? if so then go for it other wise this could be a really expensive gamble you are making.

All three of the law schools are "Christian" law schools, for the record. FWIW, they are all diploma mills too.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:56 pm

cartercl wrote:Actually, Mississippi College is not a bad school to go to if you don't mind practicing in Jackson, MS forever. That's the good news. Now for the bad news: it's Mississippi.

Ummm how many jobs are there in Jackson herp derp.

bergg007

Postby bergg007 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:00 pm

gbpackerbacker wrote:
bergg007 wrote:Just don't go to Liberty. The people can be extremely unfriendly if you don't share their beliefs. When I was on campus or even just in Lynchburg these people were rude and uncivil when they found out about my religious beliefs. If i had to go to one of these schools i'd say Mississippi because Liberty is crazy and there are several better schools in the state, and Ave maria is aa small school in a way over-served market. There is less top100 competition in Mississippi, but I'd bet that ol miss dominates the state.

All three of the law schools are "Christian" law schools, for the record. FWIW, they are all diploma mills too.

There are Christian schools and there are CHRISTIAN!!!!!!! schools. Just like ND is a Catholic school and Pepperdine is more CATHOLIC! But both pale in comparison to the happy clappiness that is Liberty. I mean how many schools were founded by An evangelical minister.

Ginj

Postby Ginj » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:01 pm

rad law wrote:
cartercl wrote:Actually, Mississippi College is not a bad school to go to if you don't mind practicing in Jackson, MS forever. That's the good news. Now for the bad news: it's Mississippi.

Mississippi College is the second best law school in the state. Out of two. ALSO, ridiculously expensive. ALSO ALSO, in the middle of the ghetto.

Just sayin'.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:03 pm

Ginj wrote:
rad law wrote:

Mississippi College is the second best law school in the state. Out of two. ALSO, ridiculously expensive. ALSO ALSO, in the middle of the ghetto.

Just sayin'.

I could also say "Ummm how many jobs are in MS."

For the record one of my buddies who goes there says its bad bad bad.

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:03 pm

rad law wrote:

Dude... don't start with me. You're a loser and you spend far too much time on this board. Get a life, and get laid man...

Oh, and BTW: Don't try to put that question off on me when it's clear that you don't know the answer. How about you find out and let us all know.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”