What's with TLS's UPenn hate?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
vanwinkle

Re: What's with TLS's UPenn hate?

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:17 pm

Kohinoor wrote:Carjack property rules state that the car belongs to whoever demonstrates both the intent to possess and actual control of the car.

--ImageRemoved--

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:18 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
Renzo wrote:
r6_philly wrote:People who drive Prius own guns?

No one said he owned the Prius.

Carjack property rules state that the car belongs to whoever demonstrates both the intent to possess and actual control of the car.

So in the case of the Prius, the Prius owns the Prius? My mind is blown.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:19 pm

vanwinkle wrote:Haha, I wasn't being serious there either. I was just playing with the idea that (at least currently) there's a huge disparity between Ivy League students and the typical stereotype of a "Philly native".

There will always be. Everyday I feel like I am in a different city. And they are all from different places. Even the locals are not the "locals". I sort of feel more out of place than everyone else there. Go figure.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:20 pm

I'm glad Veyron was bashed in the first reply to this thread.

Also, Philly is awesome... if you stay out of most parts of it. Nah but for real, I love my town. Philly sports fans I can live without though.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 pm

beach_terror wrote:I'm glad Veyron was bashed in the first reply to this thread.

Also, Philly is awesome... if you stay out of most parts of it. Nah but for real, I love my town. Philly sports fans I can live without though.

I strip you of your hometown status for being blasphemous.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:25 pm

philly's sports fans are awesome

KibblesAndVick

Postby KibblesAndVick » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:30 pm

northwood wrote:philly's sports fans are awesome

--ImageRemoved--

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:30 pm

r6_philly wrote:
beach_terror wrote:I'm glad Veyron was bashed in the first reply to this thread.

I only watch soccer, so you could strip me of a lot of things for that. I went to a Phillies-Mets game once in college with my ex gf and her family. I recommended she not wear her Mets jersey, but she decided to anyway. We get to our seats and sit down next to this real dime piece of philly trash who is COVERED in Simpsons tattoos. He takes one look at her and goes "fuck you", and not in a funny way. More of a "I fucking loathe my own existence" kind of way. Philly sports fans are the worst.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:31 pm

OH YA?

KibblesAndVick

Postby KibblesAndVick » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:34 pm

Dear Chase,
I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so much alike. I would love to meet you someday. It would be great to have a catch. I know I can’t throw as fast as you, but I think you would be impressed by my speed. I love your hair. You run fast. Did you have a good relationship with your father? Me neither. These are all things we can talk about. And more. I know you have not been getting my letters because I know you would write back if you did. And I hope you write back this time and we get to be good friends. I’m sure our relationship would be a real home run.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:34 pm

But the blue color gritty stuff is what makes Philly Philly. I don't necessarily agree or like it, but take that away we would have just another big city on the east with no character. And they don't really hate you, only when they are drunk. Unlike some other cities nearby.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:36 pm

beach_terror wrote:

OH YA?

Guy's from Jersey.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:36 pm

beach_terror wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

I only watch soccer, so you could strip me of a lot of things for that. I went to a Phillies-Mets game once in college with my ex gf and her family. I recommended she not wear her Mets jersey, but she decided to anyway. We get to our seats and sit down next to this real dime piece of philly trash who is COVERED in Simpsons tattoos. He takes one look at her and goes "fuck you", and not in a funny way. More of a "I fucking loathe my own existence" kind of way. Philly sports fans are the worst.

Like soccer, move to Chester ;)

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:38 pm

r6_philly wrote:But the blue color gritty stuff is what makes Philly Philly. I don't necessarily agree or like it, but take that away we would have just another big city on the east with no character. And they don't really hate you, only when they are drunk. Unlike some other cities nearby.

Philly was blue color gritty 20 or 30 years ago man, but not anymore. Most of it is just a shithole filled with people who are barely passable as human beings now. Once the Irish and Italians got pushed out, it went from blue collar to trash in most parts.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:39 pm

beach_terror wrote:
r6_philly wrote:But the blue color gritty stuff is what makes Philly Philly. I don't necessarily agree or like it, but take that away we would have just another big city on the east with no character. And they don't really hate you, only when they are drunk. Unlike some other cities nearby.

Philly was blue color gritty 20 or 30 years ago man, but not anymore. Most of it is just a shithole filled with people who are barely passable as human beings now. Once the Irish and Italians got pushed out, it went from blue collar to trash in most parts.

Really is that how you feel? Please move to Manhattan and stop talking to me.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:44 pm

r6_philly wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

Really is that how you feel? Please move to Manhattan and stop talking to me.

You're actually happy with the way the things in the city are going? FWIW, there are parts of Philly I absolutely love. Unfortunately, there's a lot of places I really hate too. There are quite of few locations in the city people don't even dare to venture into anymore. It wasn't like that 30 years ago. All I'm saying is that the city has always been "blue color gritty", but it's in a lot worse shape than it used to be in.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:47 pm

beach_terror wrote:You're actually happy with the way the things in the city are going? FWIW, there are parts of Philly I absolutely love. Unfortunately, there's a lot of places I really hate too. There are quite of few locations in the city people don't even dare to venture into anymore. It wasn't like that 30 years ago. All I'm saying is that the city has always been "blue color gritty", but it's in a lot worse shape than it used to be in.

I am not, and I have worked in the city doing what I can to improve it for years. What you said about the people are offensive to say the least.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:01 pm

r6_philly wrote:I am not, and I have worked in the city doing what I can to improve it for years. What you said about the people are offensive to say the least.

How? Hopefully you didn't take what I said about the Italians/Irish as a racial comment, because that wasn't my intention at all. I'm sorry if came off that way. I meant that Philly has become less of a "community" over the years, and as a result it's gone downhill. On the whole, we don't behave like the city of brotherly love anymore. My little sister just started at Temple and that area is still a mess... yet they keep claiming it's getting safer and safer. It's not.
Last edited by beach_terror on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:02 pm

beach_terror wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I am not, and I have worked in the city doing what I can to improve it for years. What you said about the people are offensive to say the least.

How? Hopefully you didn't take what I said about the Italians/Irish as a racial comment, because that wasn't my intention at all. I'm sorry if came off that way. I meant that Philly has become less of a "community" over the years, and as a result it's gone downhill. On the whole, we don't behave like the city of brotherly love anymore.

No it's calling people barely human part.

soullesswonder

Postby soullesswonder » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:29 pm

r6_philly wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

How? Hopefully you didn't take what I said about the Italians/Irish as a racial comment, because that wasn't my intention at all. I'm sorry if came off that way. I meant that Philly has become less of a "community" over the years, and as a result it's gone downhill. On the whole, we don't behave like the city of brotherly love anymore.

No it's calling people barely human part.

ITT: Philly natives do what they do best

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:30 pm

beach_terror wrote:

Translation: beach_terror thinks black people are subhuman trash.

r6_philly wrote:Please move to Manhattan and stop talking to me.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:32 pm

soullesswonder wrote:
ITT: Philly natives do what they do best

Ok I will give you that :lol:

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:35 pm

I hadn't really noticed any anti-Penn sentiment on this site. Then again, the site creator is a Berkeley grad--which is tied with UPENN- so at least compared with Berkeley there may be somewhat of an underlying bias against PENN on here. Georgetown is the T14 that I've seen get the most crap by far.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:40 pm

johnnyutah wrote:Translation: beach_terror thinks black people are subhuman trash.

Seriously man? Once again, I made that as a reference to the loss of identity the city suffers from now. The guy in the Phillies game story was a white hick, and telling my girlfriends family to go fuck themselves when we all sat down at the game would absolutely qualify as being a subhuman piece of shit in that instance. If you think differently, that's fine.

soullesswonder

Postby soullesswonder » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:40 pm

Lawquacious wrote:I hadn't really noticed any anti-Penn sentiment on this site. Then again, the site creator is a Berkeley grad--which is tied with UPENN- so at least compared with Berkeley there may be somewhat of an underlying bias against PENN on here.

This makes no sense. Why would Ken's ties to Berkeley matter? Has he somehow rigged the site so that I can't say anything bad about Boalt?

Testing...testing...Boalt is a flaming pile of fecal material...testing....testing...guess not

Georgetown is the T14 that I've seen get the most crap by far.

Since GULC is the crappiest T14, this makes total sense.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”