U of Minnesota or Notre Dame

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mez06

Re: U of Minnesota or Notre Dame

Postby mez06 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:35 pm

flcath wrote:jobs.

LOL. I don't know why I haven't looked at your avatar pick up until now. Thought I recognized that pic on my minifeed.

Side Note: Of course our football team would be good the years we're gone!

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:39 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
flcath wrote:
rad law wrote:
IamAskier wrote:Go to UM so I can have your spot and get off the ND WL :lol: but seriously I'd say ND would carry more lay prestige, and if debt is no issue, I would go to ND in a heartbeat.

lol lay prestige = pretty worthless

This is so not true it's ridiculous.

+1.

It matters more than you think.

uhhhh, it does? also, WTF? you guys are voting south bend bumblefuck, indiana, over an awesomely progressive, amazingly clean/green city like minneapolis? i mean, it's fucking cold but buy a jacket and enjoy massive cultural and political gains

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:42 pm

not to mention, UMN has a pretty decent sized market in MSP (where it's by far the best school) that ND does not have

donzoli

Postby donzoli » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Are you Catholic?

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:53 pm

I wouldn't live in Minneapolis if you paid me. I've lived in South Bend for four years and love it. Oh well.

fedexmalcom

Postby fedexmalcom » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Based on others' ideas, I made a preliminary conclusion here:
Both are good schools. UMN is the best choice if someone wants to work in Minnesota
after graduation. Notre Dame is better than Minnesota for someone to work in Illinois
after graduation. In legal markets other than their home markets, good performance is the key.
Reputations of these two schools do not play a deciding role. Notre Dame does enjoy a better lay prestige than UMN. The football team here is a contributing factor. However, good performance in either law school is the biggest concern to big law firms.

Under such disappointing economy, I would say that a higher demand is placed upon law students than ten years ago. People are more mature and plan their legal careers well ahead of starting a law school.

It is my great pleasure to meet so many nice people with sharp eyes and wisdom. This is one of the reasons why I want to join legal profession. I could not find such feelings back to my engineering life. PM me or add me into your msn friends list, keep in touch!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”