What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

UF or FSU?

UF
56
53%
FSU (20k)
50
47%
 
Total votes: 106

Top14Hope
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Top14Hope » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Pleasye wrote:
Barbie wrote: :lol: No, probably just 1-2 pages of that! :mrgreen:

You're making a big decision you're allowed to be worried <3


This kind of positive reinforcement is exactly what goes on in the eating disorders forums. It's really not ok. It's actually quite much, and slightly neurotic/obsessive. Her mind would be much better off relaxing and reading a book, than constantly reading and posting on TLS. Believe it or not, this kind of behavior is bad, and should not be reinforced.

However, had I realized how helpful this forum is 8 months ago, it's possible/likely I would do the same thing. But that doesn't mean that kind of behavior is good for a person. It's not. I would hope someone in my family, friends, or BF would call me out on irrational behavior that is clearly affecting me in a negative way. I'm all for learning; don't get me wrong, but in a healthy non obsessive kind of way. Although, all I do is obsess these days, but I know it’s unhealthy, not necessary, and not helping.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Barbie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
Pleasye wrote:
Barbie wrote: :lol: No, probably just 1-2 pages of that! :mrgreen:

You're making a big decision you're allowed to be worried <3


This kind of positive reinforcement is exactly what goes on in the eating disorders forums. It's really not ok. It's actually quite much, and slightly neurotic/obsessive. Her mind would be much better off relaxing and reading a book, than constantly reading and posting on TLS. Believe it or not, this kind of behavior is bad, and should not be reinforced.

However, had I realized how helpful this forum is 8 months ago, it's possible/likely I would do the same thing. But that doesn't mean that kind of behavior is good for a person. It's not. I would hope someone in my family, friends, or BF would call me out on irrational behavior that is clearly affecting me in a negative way. I'm all for learning; don't get me wrong, but in a healthy non obsessive kind of way. Although, all I do is obsess these days, but I know it’s unhealthy, not necessary, and not helping.


You're delusional and obviously take this forum way more seriously than I do. IRL I have a lot more to do than talk about UF or FSU. I don't talk about it because everyone I know knows nothing about either place. I've asked questions. I have brought up legitimate concerns. I'm high strung as it is because my wedding is in THREE months. Just because I sit on my computer all day (I do my job at home on my computer) and utilize TLS as a distraction (most the time not even concerning law school admissions) doesn't mean I am exhibiting unhealthy behavior. I read, watch TV, workout --- EVERY day. Again, you're completely delusional.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7963
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Pleasye » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Top14Hope wrote:This kind of positive reinforcement is exactly what goes on in the eating disorders forums. It's really not ok. It's actually quite much, and slightly neurotic/obsessive. Her mind would be much better off relaxing and reading a book, than constantly reading and posting on TLS. Believe it or not, this kind of behavior is bad, and should not be reinforced.

However, had I realized how helpful this forum is 8 months ago, it's possible/likely I would do the same thing. But that doesn't mean that kind of behavior is good for a person. It's not. I would hope someone in my family, friends, or BF would call me out on irrational behavior that is clearly affecting me in a negative way. I'm all for learning; don't get me wrong, but in a healthy non obsessive kind of way. Although, all I do is obsess these days, but I know it’s unhealthy, not necessary, and not helping.

What the fuck are you talking about. She's not in any way being obsessive, she's fucking weighing her options, taking advice from other people and attempting an informed decision.

I am Barbie's friend and therefore am going to try to help her out and be supportive of whatever decision she makes.

Top14Hope
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Top14Hope » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Look, I'm not saying you two are bad people in any way. In fact, from what I've seen, you both sound very nice. However, neither of you got the point. I am saying that getting all the info you can is great! But, there is a line, and both of you have surpassed it. Maybe I just saved both of you from wasting another 150 hours on TLS, and another 5,000 posts. You can get all the info you need in way less time than that. You two have taken this TLS thing to another level. You aren't MODS? I mean you really think it's perfectly normal to dedicate the amount of time you two have in the past 6 months to TLS? It's not healthy, necessary, or productive. I see both of you as capable of spending your time doing better things, and think you would enjoy your life more if you did.

Again, I am no different than either of you. But that doesn't mean one drug addict cannot tell another they are using a little too much.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby rman1201 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Internet 3 way cat fight ftw

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Barbie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Top14Hope wrote:Look, I'm not saying you two are bad people in any way. In fact, from what I've seen, you both sound very nice. However, neither of you got the point. I am saying that getting all the info you can is great! But, there is a line, and both of you have surpassed it. Maybe I just saved both of you from wasting another 150 hours on TLS, and another 5,000 posts. You can get all the info you need in way less time than that. You two have taken this TLS thing to another level. You aren't MODS? I mean you really think it's perfectly normal to dedicate the amount of time you two have in the past 6 months to TLS? It's not healthy, necessary, or productive. I see both of you as capable of spending your time doing better things, and think you would enjoy your life more if you did.

Again, I am no different than either of you. But that doesn't mean one drug addict cannot tell another they are using a little too much.


I hope I go to LS where you go to LS, seriously :) That would just be FUN.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18421
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby bk1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Top14Hope wrote:Look, I'm not saying you two are bad people in any way. In fact, from what I've seen, you both sound very nice. However, neither of you got the point. I am saying that getting all the info you can is great! But, there is a line, and both of you have surpassed it. Maybe I just saved both of you from wasting another 150 hours on TLS, and another 5,000 posts. You can get all the info you need in way less time than that. You two have taken this TLS thing to another level. You aren't MODS? I mean you really think it's perfectly normal to dedicate the amount of time you two have in the past 6 months to TLS? It's not healthy, necessary, or productive. I see both of you as capable of spending your time doing better things, and think you would enjoy your life more if you did.

Again, I am no different than either of you. But that doesn't mean one drug addict cannot tell another they are using a little too much.


I can quit TLS any time I want to. I just don't want to.

Top14Hope
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Top14Hope » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:16 pm

bk1 wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:Look, I'm not saying you two are bad people in any way. In fact, from what I've seen, you both sound very nice. However, neither of you got the point. I am saying that getting all the info you can is great! But, there is a line, and both of you have surpassed it. Maybe I just saved both of you from wasting another 150 hours on TLS, and another 5,000 posts. You can get all the info you need in way less time than that. You two have taken this TLS thing to another level. You aren't MODS? I mean you really think it's perfectly normal to dedicate the amount of time you two have in the past 6 months to TLS? It's not healthy, necessary, or productive. I see both of you as capable of spending your time doing better things, and think you would enjoy your life more if you did.

Again, I am no different than either of you. But that doesn't mean one drug addict cannot tell another they are using a little too much.


I can quit TLS any time I want to. I just don't want to.


hahaha I love this place

Also, you are right, I don’t know you. So take everything I say with a grain of salt. I still love you!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Barbie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
bk1 wrote:I can quit TLS any time I want to. I just don't want to.


hahaha I love this place


Good, stick around and up your post count with your awesome guidance. Oh, and stop trolling an on-topic forum. If you want to fight with me about post counts, come hang out in the lounge. I'll meet you there (but, beware: its full of a bunch of CRAZY TLSers with high post counts... dun dun dun :twisted: )

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Barbie wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:Look, I'm not saying you two are bad people in any way. In fact, from what I've seen, you both sound very nice. However, neither of you got the point. I am saying that getting all the info you can is great! But, there is a line, and both of you have surpassed it. Maybe I just saved both of you from wasting another 150 hours on TLS, and another 5,000 posts. You can get all the info you need in way less time than that. You two have taken this TLS thing to another level. You aren't MODS? I mean you really think it's perfectly normal to dedicate the amount of time you two have in the past 6 months to TLS? It's not healthy, necessary, or productive. I see both of you as capable of spending your time doing better things, and think you would enjoy your life more if you did.

Again, I am no different than either of you. But that doesn't mean one drug addict cannot tell another they are using a little too much.


I hope I go to LS where you go to LS, seriously :) That would just be FUN.


Damnit . . . enjoy UF

User avatar
lbeezy
Posts: 2639
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:52 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby lbeezy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Is there a problem in here?

Top14Hope
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Top14Hope » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Pick FSU!

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:23 pm

lbeezy wrote:Is there a problem in here?

There is now.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby northwood » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Barbie: You seem to be a very cool person, and one that doesnt rush this. So have faith in yourself, and with your instincts. Whichever one of these schools that you choose will be the right one ( assuming of course that Illinois is out). I chose FSU because of the money. However, i forgot to take into conisderation your husbands plans. Is he still thinking anbout going to school ( if so, which one would he be better off attending- and which one can he get in?), If he is planning on working- where do you and he think he could get the work he wants? That should help you make the final choice. but have faith in yourself- and know what ever school you choose- it will be the right school.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Hannibal » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Top14Hope wrote:Look, I'm not saying you two are bad people in any way. In fact, from what I've seen, you both sound very nice. However, neither of you got the point. I am saying that getting all the info you can is great! But, there is a line, and both of you have surpassed it. Maybe I just saved both of you from wasting another 150 hours on TLS, and another 5,000 posts. You can get all the info you need in way less time than that. You two have taken this TLS thing to another level. You aren't MODS? I mean you really think it's perfectly normal to dedicate the amount of time you two have in the past 6 months to TLS? It's not healthy, necessary, or productive. I see both of you as capable of spending your time doing better things, and think you would enjoy your life more if you did.

Again, I am no different than either of you. But that doesn't mean one drug addict cannot tell another they are using a little too much.


You sound like you're the kind of stupid that would make life changing decisions using pocket change.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:58 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:Look, I'm not saying you two are bad people in any way. In fact, from what I've seen, you both sound very nice. However, neither of you got the point. I am saying that getting all the info you can is great! But, there is a line, and both of you have surpassed it. Maybe I just saved both of you from wasting another 150 hours on TLS, and another 5,000 posts. You can get all the info you need in way less time than that. You two have taken this TLS thing to another level. You aren't MODS? I mean you really think it's perfectly normal to dedicate the amount of time you two have in the past 6 months to TLS? It's not healthy, necessary, or productive. I see both of you as capable of spending your time doing better things, and think you would enjoy your life more if you did.

Again, I am no different than either of you. But that doesn't mean one drug addict cannot tell another they are using a little too much.


You sound like you're the kind of stupid that would make life changing decisions using pocket change.

TBF I did this.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Barbie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:
Hannibal wrote:You sound like you're the kind of stupid that would make life changing decisions using pocket change.

TBF I did this.


'splain?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby romothesavior » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Top14Hope wrote:Look, I'm not saying you two are bad people in any way. In fact, from what I've seen, you both sound very nice. However, neither of you got the point. I am saying that getting all the info you can is great! But, there is a line, and both of you have surpassed it. Maybe I just saved both of you from wasting another 150 hours on TLS, and another 5,000 posts. You can get all the info you need in way less time than that. You two have taken this TLS thing to another level. You aren't MODS? I mean you really think it's perfectly normal to dedicate the amount of time you two have in the past 6 months to TLS? It's not healthy, necessary, or productive. I see both of you as capable of spending your time doing better things, and think you would enjoy your life more if you did.

Again, I am no different than either of you. But that doesn't mean one drug addict cannot tell another they are using a little too much.

I post on TLS because:

1) It has been an invaluable tool for me through my admissions cycle, my decision on which school to choose, how to do well in law school, how to search for jobs, etc.
2) I want to "pay it back" by conveying what little I know about the admissions cycle, the job market, law school, etc.
3) I enjoy the community and have many friends on here that I enjoy talking with

The combination of those three things have led to 9,000+ posts over a year and half. I did quite well in school this past semester, I have many friends both in law school and outside law school, and I party like a rockstar on the weekends. But yes, you are right. TLS is unhealthy and should be compared to being a drug addict.
Last edited by romothesavior on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Barbie wrote:
Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:
Hannibal wrote:You sound like you're the kind of stupid that would make life changing decisions using pocket change.

TBF I did this.


'splain?

Lets just say my lucky 50 cent piece is the sole reason i'm not at WUSTL or W&L

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby beachbum » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:16 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:Look, I'm not saying you two are bad people in any way. In fact, from what I've seen, you both sound very nice. However, neither of you got the point. I am saying that getting all the info you can is great! But, there is a line, and both of you have surpassed it. Maybe I just saved both of you from wasting another 150 hours on TLS, and another 5,000 posts. You can get all the info you need in way less time than that. You two have taken this TLS thing to another level. You aren't MODS? I mean you really think it's perfectly normal to dedicate the amount of time you two have in the past 6 months to TLS? It's not healthy, necessary, or productive. I see both of you as capable of spending your time doing better things, and think you would enjoy your life more if you did.

Again, I am no different than either of you. But that doesn't mean one drug addict cannot tell another they are using a little too much.

I post on TLS because:

1) It has been an invaluable tool for me through my admissions cycle, my decision on which school to choose, how to do well in law school, how to search for jobs, etc.
2) I want to "pay it back" by conveying what little I know about the admissions cycle, the job market, law school, etc.
3) I enjoy the community and have many friends on here that I enjoy talking with

The combination of those three things have led to 9,000+ posts over a year and half. I did quite well in school this past semester, I have many friends both in law school and outside law school, and I party like a rockstar on the weekends. But yes, you are right. TLS is unhealthy and should be compared to being a drug addict.


+15. TLS is an invaluable resource to a huge number of people, myself included. I can think of much less productive things I could be doing than posting on these forums.

Edit: Although my Xbox just broke (again), so I guess we can scratch that off the list...

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby Grizz » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:23 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:Look, I'm not saying you two are bad people in any way. In fact, from what I've seen, you both sound very nice. However, neither of you got the point. I am saying that getting all the info you can is great! But, there is a line, and both of you have surpassed it. Maybe I just saved both of you from wasting another 150 hours on TLS, and another 5,000 posts. You can get all the info you need in way less time than that. You two have taken this TLS thing to another level. You aren't MODS? I mean you really think it's perfectly normal to dedicate the amount of time you two have in the past 6 months to TLS? It's not healthy, necessary, or productive. I see both of you as capable of spending your time doing better things, and think you would enjoy your life more if you did.

Again, I am no different than either of you. But that doesn't mean one drug addict cannot tell another they are using a little too much.

I post on TLS because:

1) It has been an invaluable tool for me through my admissions cycle, my decision on which school to choose, how to do well in law school, how to search for jobs, etc.
2) I want to "pay it back" by conveying what little I know about the admissions cycle, the job market, law school, etc.
3) I enjoy the community and have many friends on here that I enjoy talking with

The combination of those three things have led to 9,000+ posts over a year and half. I did quite well in school this past semester, I have many friends both in law school and outside law school, and I party like a rockstar on the weekends. But yes, you are right. TLS is unhealthy and should be compared to being a drug addict.


I poast 4 teh lulz

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby ResolutePear » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:48 am

rad law wrote:I poast 4 teh lulz


Seriously - I can't see anything more hypocritical than somebody coming into the Off-Topic forums and telling us we TLS too much.

Really?

BTW, Nova is TCR.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:25 am

ResolutePear wrote:
rad law wrote:I poast 4 teh lulz


Seriously - I can't see anything more hypocritical than somebody coming into the Off-Topic forums and telling us we TLS too much.

Really?

BTW, Nova is TCR.


Object. Barry clearly gives the greatest opportunity for legal employment in Florida.

The guy that pissed everyone else was off by a lot, but a bit can be taken from stepping back for a minute. I'm not convinced yet after reading this topic thoroughly that the discrepancy between the two schools is any sort of meaningful. In fact, Barbie, given that I have many of the same goals and aspirations you do (along with the exact same two options lol), I feel confident that the single most important part of my decision will be my ability to succeed in the two locations. This means the student vibe, environment, extracurriculars to keep my mind sane, and the like. The difference between the two schools is minute enough (and even smaller because of the scholarship) that many of the details put forth in this topic mean far less than how YOU feel that you can succeed. And nothing will give you this information quite like the visit to the schools.

On these message boards alone it SEEMS like there is a distinct difference in character of the students between the two schools. Whether or not this is true IRL is for me to decide upon my visits, but after weighing so many opinions put forth in this topic and others I feel confident saying my single greatest factor will be how much the nature of the school impacts my chances at success there. I truly hope in the one (hopefully two) visits I take to both schools I would be able to establish a good understanding of what I am looking for and should be able to make a GOOD decision come April 1st.

I don't say step away from TLS at all, but I think you've been presented enough information that the only thing that can substantially impact your mind at this point is the visit to the schools, which you will be fortunate to do. Best of luck and I look forward to meeting you at FSU's ASD (and everyone else at TLS as well, I might just hold up a sign with the Heat logo lol)

Edit: had to clean up some wording, its late

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby ResolutePear » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:08 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
rad law wrote:I poast 4 teh lulz


Seriously - I can't see anything more hypocritical than somebody coming into the Off-Topic forums and telling us we TLS too much.

Really?

BTW, Nova is TCR.


Object. Barry clearly gives the greatest opportunity for legal employment in Florida.

The guy that pissed everyone else was off by a lot, but a bit can be taken from stepping back for a minute. I'm not convinced yet after reading this topic thoroughly that the discrepancy between the two schools is any sort of meaningful. In fact, Barbie, given that I have many of the same goals and aspirations you do (along with the exact same two options lol), I feel confident that the single most important part of my decision will be my ability to succeed in the two locations. This means the student vibe, environment, extracurriculars to keep my mind sane, and the like. The difference between the two schools is minute enough (and even smaller because of the scholarship) that many of the details put forth in this topic mean far less than how YOU feel that you can succeed. And nothing will give you this information quite like the visit to the schools.

On these message boards alone it SEEMS like there is a distinct difference in character of the students between the two schools. Whether or not this is true IRL is for me to decide upon my visits, but after weighing so many opinions put forth in this topic and others I feel confident saying my single greatest factor will be how much the nature of the school impacts my chances at success there. I truly hope in the one (hopefully two) visits I take to both schools I would be able to establish a good understanding of what I am looking for and should be able to make a GOOD decision come April 1st.

I don't say step away from TLS at all, but I think you've been presented enough information that the only thing that can substantially impact your mind at this point is the visit to the schools, which you will be fortunate to do. Best of luck and I look forward to meeting you at FSU's ASD (and everyone else at TLS as well, I might just hold up a sign with the Heat logo lol)

Edit: had to clean up some wording, its late


My reason for choosing FSU over UF is the alumni base. UF has a much larger endowment IIRC, which leads me to believe that there will be a bigger OCI turnout.

To be honest, I can care less about anything that doesn't give me a better chance to land that "first job." I'd also look at the school rankings over a period of time. UF moved up from the last USNWR.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: What school would you choose? (New Poll: FSU or UF)

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:17 am

ResolutePear wrote:
My reason for choosing FSU over UF is the alumni base. UF has a much larger endowment IIRC, which leads me to believe that there will be a bigger OCI turnout.

To be honest, I can care less about anything that doesn't give me a better chance to land that "first job." I'd also look at the school rankings over a period of time. UF moved up from the last USNWR.


I recall from reading threads on this subject that the OCI are pretty proportional to the size of the student body. UF's until very recently has been larger than FSU's which helps explain that discrepancy. When I get a chance to sit down and find the exact numbers I will.

I disagree with your point about the rankings. UF moved up, but what if they move down next rankings? Last year they were one spot apart! The difference between the two is going to be so negligible it should have no bearing whatsoever on her decision. It seems both schools have firmly established themselves as 1/1A (or 1/2, depending on your viewpoint), and a rankings-based decision would be silly.

Lastly, I think you are misconstruing my point a bit when talking about her lone concern being what finds her a job. I am addressing her situation solely from that position, as it is all I care about as well. Her experience at the schools and potential for success stems a huge part from the environment. The student body and locations are vastly different. The other differences between the school are minute enough that I believe the most overriding factor will be which school she thinks is a better fit for her and gives her the greatest chance to finish above median. Because if you aren't above median at either school, you are sol. UF gives the tiniest chance at big law (which she has no interest in) and they have their tax program, but other than that I see no distinguishable differences between the two.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], carasrook and 6 guests