Sticker at W&Lee Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Autoaccept

New

Re: Sticker at W&Lee

Post by Autoaccept » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:18 pm

ran12 wrote:Whatever law school you go to, you have to go in with the mentality you'll be top 5-10% by working your ass off. If you don't go in with that mentality, there's no way it'll happen and not likely you'll be a good lawyer. The best lawyers always aim for the top even if it's not realistic based on probabilities.
Exactly. I don't expect to do well because I got a scholarship, just because I expect to do well at things I apply myself to. I expect the rest of the class at whatever school I attend will have the same attitude.

Flustercluck

Bronze

Re: Sticker at W&Lee

Post by Flustercluck » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Autoaccept wrote:
ran12 wrote:Whatever law school you go to, you have to go in with the mentality you'll be top 5-10% by working your ass off. If you don't go in with that mentality, there's no way it'll happen and not likely you'll be a good lawyer. The best lawyers always aim for the top even if it's not realistic based on probabilities.
Exactly. I don't expect to do well because I got a scholarship, just because I expect to do well at things I apply myself to. I expect the rest of the class at whatever school I attend will have the same attitude.
Hate to interrupt the pep rally, but if you put these two elements together, 90% of people with that mentality/attitude will be wrong.

There's nothing wrong with striving to do well, but expecting to do well is dangerous if you're making a decision on how much money to risk for an unlikely outcome.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”