Cordoza - Full Ride, Worth it?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
JD=Doctor

Cordoza - Full Ride, Worth it?

Postby JD=Doctor » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:21 am

If the best school you will get into is from 20 and down. (Big city preference)

ill give my numbers 166/3.7x

Kobe_Teeth

Re: Cordoza - Full Ride, Worth it?

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:24 am

Stipulations? COL?

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:28 am

JD=Doctor wrote:If the best school you will get into is from 20 and down. (Big city preference)

If you want New York then you should probably take the money. Just keep in mind that New York's a difficult market.

JD=Doctor

Postby JD=Doctor » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:01 am

Kobe_Teeth wrote:Stipulations? COL?

top 80% >> but i feel confident i can negotiate no stips

I heard They give living stipends, im not so confident i could get it but i would ask.

As of now this is my top safety...

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:51 am

If you haven't bothered to learn to spell the school's name properly, do you really want attend it?

Seriously, I'd consider any full ride handed to me very, very strongly. What do you want to do with your degree? Where do you want to live? Common wisdom around here says that you'd have to be top 15% to even have an outside shot at biglaw from Cardozo. If you can keep COL down (which is tricky in NYC), a full ride there may be a good option. If you absolutely want to be in NYC, I'd take Cardozo with a full ride over a school like Minnesota or Iowa at sticker, since those schools will probably not get you back to NY.

So short answer, maybe. Depends on what you want.

JD=Doctor

Postby JD=Doctor » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:30 pm

snapdragon wrote:If you haven't bothered to learn to spell the school's name properly, do you really want attend it?

Seriously, I'd consider any full ride handed to me very, very strongly. What do you want to do with your degree? Where do you want to live? Common wisdom around here says that you'd have to be top 15% to even have an outside shot at biglaw from Cardozo. If you can keep COL down (which is tricky in NYC), a full ride there may be a good option. If you absolutely want to be in NYC, I'd take Cardozo with a full ride over a school like Minnesota or Iowa at sticker, since those schools will probably not get you back to NY.

I always debate if its with an A or O and i never bother looking 50/50 chance :D

Its dozo if ucla/usc/cornell are out i got full at pepperdine and close full at loyola LA but with top30% stips

LSATWIZ

Postby LSATWIZ » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:32 pm

On this topic, is a full ride to IU: Bloomington better than a full ride to YU if one did want NYC?

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:39 pm

JD=Doctor wrote:
snapdragon wrote:If you haven't bothered to learn to spell the school's name properly, do you really want attend it?

I always debate if its with an A or O and i never bother looking 50/50 chance :D

Its dozo if ucla/usc/cornell are out i got full at pepperdine and close full at loyola LA but with top30% stips

sounds like your choice is that of coasts. DO you want to live on the Pacific Coast, or the Atlantic Coast? Where do you think you will emjoy it the most? If you want NYC- then see what Cornell offers. If you want the pacific ocean,go to school out west.

LSATWIZ

Postby LSATWIZ » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:44 pm

JD=Doctor wrote:If the best school you will get into is from 20 and down. (Big city preference)

why not fordham sticker?

Frankie55

Postby Frankie55 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:57 pm

I think the common wisdom is that unless someone is footing your bill, the boost Fordham provides at sticker is not enough to counter a guaranteed/close to guaranteed scholly at Dozo.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:01 pm

LSATWIZ wrote:On this topic, is a full ride to IU: Bloomington better than a full ride to YU if one did want NYC?

Dood don't go to IUB hoping for NYC biglaw; that's dumb.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Frankie55 wrote:I think the common wisdom is that unless someone is footing your bill, the boost Fordham provides at sticker is not enough to counter a guaranteed/close to guaranteed scholly at Dozo.

This.

JD=Doctor

Postby JD=Doctor » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Frankie55 wrote:I think the common wisdom is that unless someone is footing your bill, the boost Fordham provides at sticker is not enough to counter a guaranteed/close to guaranteed scholly at Dozo.

This x2

i have come to the conclusion that many of these middle of schools 17-50 are not worth sticker (exceptions obviously, but still no movement) and you usually can get $$$$ from a lower school with job prospects not much worse.. (with peace of mind)

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:48 pm

rad law wrote:
LSATWIZ wrote:On this topic, is a full ride to IU: Bloomington better than a full ride to YU if one did want NYC?

Dood don't go to IUB hoping for NYC biglaw; that's dumb.

Particularly after consulting NALP (LinkRemoved).

Frankie55

Postby Frankie55 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:24 pm

I think the main question then, which I'd like to see more discussion on, is whether Cardozo for free (or even free without COL/with living at home) is worth it for your average straight from UG candidate vs. 3 years trying your hand elsewhere in the job market.

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Frankie55 wrote:I think the main question then, which I'd like to see more discussion on, is whether Cardozo for free (or even free without COL/with living at home) is worth it for your average straight from UG candidate vs. 3 years trying your hand elsewhere in the job market.

Uhh.. an UG who majored in what? The average UG does some bullshit major like history or speech science, so it's not like the opportunity cost of taking the $$$ at Dozo is very high.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”