Partial vs. full scholarships

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cen03

Partial vs. full scholarships

Postby cen03 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:36 pm

I have been given full rides to both Drexel and Wayne State. Received 22,500 toward St. John's and 20,000 to Chicago-Kent.

I'm from Michigan, Wayne was a last choice, but I'm wondering what the most realistic decision is. Chicago isn't a full ride but it's in a great location in terms of being close to my family, but also I'm not sure what the job market is like.
I don't know much information on how Drexel is viewed in the law community? And how Philadelphia is faring in the law sector?
St. John's doesn't seem realistic because of the cost of living on top of paying half tuition...

Please help!

ran12

Re: Partial vs. full scholarships

Postby ran12 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:18 am

cen03 wrote:I have been given full rides to both Drexel and Wayne State. Received 22,500 toward St. John's and 20,000 to Chicago-Kent.

I'm from Michigan, Wayne was a last choice, but I'm wondering what the most realistic decision is. Chicago isn't a full ride but it's in a great location in terms of being close to my family, but also I'm not sure what the job market is like.
I don't know much information on how Drexel is viewed in the law community? And how Philadelphia is faring in the law sector?
St. John's doesn't seem realistic because of the cost of living on top of paying half tuition...

Please help!

If you plan to stay in Michigan, just go to Wayne. I don't think prospects are so great out of Chicago-Kent right now for Chicago and Wayne is higher on the totem pole than Chicago-Kent for Michigan. Drexel isn't even fully accredited yet and is dealing with a number of local Philly area schools. Given that you have a full ride at Wayne, you really don't have too much risk unless you end up losing the scholarship.

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Chicago Kent law review editor in chief can't even get a job.. 'nuff said.

jelly

Postby jelly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:35 pm

If you want to stay in Michigan, Wayne. Otherwise, Kent. The difference in quality between Wayne and Kent is a lot.

dr123

Postby dr123 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:37 pm

Wayne State is a really good option if you plan to stay in the metro detroit area, WSU dominates detroit because so many UM students leave the area. There are some pretty good firms in oakland county and wayne state outplaces msu, udm, and cooley

Return to “Choosing a Law School”