... Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
apollo13

Bronze

Re: HYS or $100k?

Post by apollo13 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:55 pm

Considering that you are still in college with no substantial fulltime work experience and incurring some debt from undergrad, I think its logical to take the job at "facialbook."
By working:
1) You get to save/make money - pay out your undergrad debt, save money for grad school (law school or grad school for engineering/business) Essentially, coming out law school with incurring $$ debt is a bitch. After lawlschool, its ideal that you land a job that that pays +60,000$ to have positive benefit out of lawlschool experience. Obviously, ITE, people to find such a job is a shot in the dot these days. Thus, waiting for couple more years and applying is also ideal. In terms of jobs prospects and the legal economy, Class of 2016 is so much better than class of 2014.
2) You get to have a experiential work experience. Along the way, you might realize that the engineering gig might be for you and you might want to delve more into C++, computer nonsense field. Or you could also realize you really should pursue IP.

You got into HYS! congrats!! relax and just try to talk a lotta people and think of different options.
But if I were you, I would defter the enrollment for a year or two if its allowed, and take the job at facialbook.
lawlschool and postlawlschool is a bitch too, you will never get to enjoy such "privilege" as you would at the job.

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:03 am

Work at Facespace for 4 years -> HYS -> Work at firm Facespace uses -> Lateral in-house

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:57 am

NoleinNY wrote:Work at Facespace for 4 years -> HYS -> Work at firm Facespace uses -> Lateral in-house
- > Win at life.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 am

As someone at S, take the job. Figure out if you hate it, then you at least know there's something you don't want to do. If law school still sounds appealing, then go.

I did this before coming here, but for a 25k/year public interest job. 100k to me is silly money to pass up right now.

meliorquamheri

New

Post by meliorquamheri » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”