Want to practice in Colorado...T14 vs. CU-Boulder Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Snape

Bronze

Re: Want to practice in Colorado...T14 vs. CU-Boulder

Post by Snape » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:22 am

Kretz is a kid who wants to feel better about himself and loves the fake term "T6" if there really is a "T6" for job safety then every indicator shows that Northwetern should be part of the list above the others--of course based just on recruiting and ig law jobs....there is no T6, never will be a T6, and anyone who tries to falsely create one is just upset they cant claim to be HYS---in Colorado, and most anywhere outside of New York (becasue NYC and Columbia are there) the whole T6 thing is a joke in comparison to Penn, UVA, Mich, Northwestern

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm

Snape wrote:Kretz is a kid who wants to feel better about himself and loves the fake term "T6" if there really is a "T6" for job safety then every indicator shows that Northwetern should be part of the list above the others--of course based just on recruiting and ig law jobs....there is no T6, never will be a T6, and anyone who tries to falsely create one is just upset they cant claim to be HYS---in Colorado, and most anywhere outside of New York (becasue NYC and Columbia are there) the whole T6 thing is a joke in comparison to Penn, UVA, Mich, Northwestern
Dude, I go to S, and have 1L summer offers in Denver already. I already feel just fine about myself. Any bias I feel exists in favor of other schools as well does nothing to help me or my prospects.

OP: I'd email career services at CU-B about OCI this year, to see if you can get placement data. That would help you far more than any of us on this thread. Best of luck.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:30 pm

Kretzy wrote: Dude, I go to S, and have 1L summer offers in Denver already.
Way to out yourself, bro.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:34 pm

RVP11 wrote:
Kretzy wrote: Dude, I go to S, and have 1L summer offers in Denver already.
Way to out yourself, bro.
That happened when I picked a user name, broski.

BeachandRun23

Bronze

Post by BeachandRun23 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Snape wrote:Kretz is a kid who wants to feel better about himself and loves the fake term "T6" if there really is a "T6" for job safety then every indicator shows that Northwetern should be part of the list above the others--of course based just on recruiting and ig law jobs....there is no T6, never will be a T6, and anyone who tries to falsely create one is just upset they cant claim to be HYS---in Colorado, and most anywhere outside of New York (becasue NYC and Columbia are there) the whole T6 thing is a joke in comparison to Penn, UVA, Mich, Northwestern
Im not one for personal attacks, but I agree with what is being said here. Outside of NYC, NYU places no better than Penn or Michigan or NU...etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:26 pm

This attack was unnecessary. Can't you just civilly disagree?
RVP11 wrote:
whitman wrote:What about the exact same question for someone with no ties to colorado?
This depends on how badly you want to practice in CO. If CO is your first choice but you'd also be happy in CA, then of course T14 is TCR. If you won't be happy practicing anywhere else then CU is TCR.

Also: if you have no ties to CO, why would you be so determined to practice there?
As for this, I love the outdoors - cycling, running, backpacking, etc - and really want to live in an area conducive to those pursuits. It is very important to me, and I plan on pursuing a career in environmental law and actually try to live a balanced life, rather than work 80 hour weeks for money I can't enjoy. Not trying to bash people that want big law, by the way, just saying that is not what I want. I totally understand the draw of the prestige and potential financial upside.

I am not dead set on Colorado, though, but I would love to practice in Denver. I'd also be interested in California, Portland, Seattle, or Austin, but all of those require ties. My ties are all in the south.

So far, I am in at Colorado, Washington, Georgetown, Cornell, Boston College, and Tulane (with $$). I'm waiting on Michigan, NYU, Berkeley, Penn, Chicago, Texas, Vanderbilt, USC, Duke, and Northwestern. I'm guessing I'll likely be dinged at NYU, Berkeley, Chicago, and Penn, and waitlisted at Michigan, Texas, Vanderbilt (never would have guessed this before, but after seeing people's results this year, I think I will be), USC (big into GPAs), and Duke. I think I have the best shot at getting into Northwestern with my LSAT and 2 years work experience.

TheTallOne0602

New

Post by TheTallOne0602 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:35 pm

BeachandRun23 wrote:Im not one for personal attacks, but I agree with what is being said here. Outside of NYC, NYU places no better than Penn or Michigan or NU...etc.
If NYU places as well as Penn, Michigan and NU, etc. outside of New York, but places better than them inside New York, wouldn't that justify a higher ranking? (I mean, assuming that placement is a large factor in ranking.)

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Top 6 classification in the Denver market seems irrelevant since NYU & Columbia students are unlikely to prefer a secondary market out West.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:26 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Top 6 classification in the Denver market seems irrelevant since NYU & Columbia students are unlikely to prefer a secondary market out West.
But students at MVPDCNG are likely to prefer a secondary market out west? I agree that the T6 distinction is probably meaningless in a place like Denver, but that's not the reason...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”