Which Law School Do I Choose?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
NixiNonna88

Re: Which Law School Do I Choose?

Postby NixiNonna88 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Flame? Those are all randomly placed schools.

No idea what flame means but I understand what you are implying by context clues.

I literally picked the schools based on the GPA/LSAT indicator and then divided them by likelihood and applied to them in groups 70% chance first, then 50% then 23-25% chance. Then I picked a few outliers based on invitation to apply emails like ( Cooley, Vermont, Louisville and Florida for instance.) I didn't think location. All I had in mind was beggars can't be choosers.

However after reading everyones post as of right now I'm leaning toward Louisville as my choice but I think everyone's right and I should take some time off first and get my family life together first. I really do appreciate all the advice and I sincerely plan to make the most of it.

WithoutMe

Postby WithoutMe » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Go to louisville

meh3884

Postby meh3884 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:20 pm

NixiNonna88 wrote:
Flame? Those are all randomly placed schools.

No idea what flame means but I understand what you are implying by context clues.

I literally picked the schools based on the GPA/LSAT indicator and then divided them by likelihood and applied to them in groups 70% chance first, then 50% then 23-25% chance. Then I picked a few outliers based on invitation to apply emails like ( Cooley, Vermont, Louisville and Florida for instance.) I didn't think location. All I had in mind was beggars can't be choosers.

However after reading everyone's posts as of right now I'm leaning toward Louisville as my choice but I think everyone's right and I should take some time off first and get my family life together first. I really do appreciate all the advice and I sincerely plan to make the most of it.

I somehow really don't believe that that any GPA/LSAT indicator said you would get into Louisville with even a 23% chance. Of all those schools, anyone with any knowledge of LS rankings would know UL is a glaring leap and bound ahead of the others. Seems UL has set a 154 floor on LSN (except for a 151 WL) so far this year, unless you have truly made it in.

If its true, still don't go to any of those at sticker. That kind of debt can be crippling even out of a T14.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:25 pm

How the fuck did this thread generate 3 pages??? This is the only credited response:

rad law wrote:Basically none of those schools are worth going to for what you will pay for them.

Retake or don't go.

/Thread

androstan

Postby androstan » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:41 pm

If you're serious about law school and becoming a lawyer you need to retake and break 160. If you can't afford it I will send you half the fee and, if you break 160, the other half.

serdog

Postby serdog » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Please retake. The school your in at will likely NOT get you work as a Lawyer. Get into the mid 160 with a good PS you will have a good shot a great regional schools even a 160 would bring some them in to play.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”