Part time Maryland or Full time Drexel

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
omarlos

Part time Maryland or Full time Drexel

Postby omarlos » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:07 am

I got accepted full time at drexel with a 15k per year scholarship but also got into Maryland as a part time student.

I am mainly focused on obtaining a strong internship. I know to do you you mainly need to be a full time 1L but at the same time Maryland is a vastly superior school to Drexel.

Any advice?

If I was to transfer into the full time program after one year would this catch me up as far as employment opportunities or are internships/summer employment relations mainly built after completion of the 1L?

CanadianWolf

Re: Part time Maryland or Full time Drexel

Postby CanadianWolf » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:13 am

The safer choice would be Maryland because it is more established & better known to employers--especially because of the large law alumni base.

omarlos

Postby omarlos » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:27 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:The safer choice would be Maryland because it is more established & better known to employers--especially because of the large law alumni base.

Thanks. I was thinking that as well.

do you have any insight on how part time is viewed by biglaw firms?

swill21

Postby swill21 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:05 pm

I live in Maryland and from what i've heard FT and PT make no dif. plus u can always switch into ft. and if it makes u feel better us news ranks the part time law prgrams in the country and maryland i think is top 5

Return to “Choosing a Law School”