Drexel $$$ vs. T30 vs. mid-tier $$

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
kk19131

Re: Drexel $$$ vs. T30 vs. mid-tier $$

Postby kk19131 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:42 pm

Temple is a boat load cheaper, ranked like 60 spots lower, and STILL manages to have tons of grads in places like Morgan, Dechert, and Balard.

...not to mention all the Temple grads in places like the DA's office.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:45 pm

kk19131 wrote:Temple is a boat load cheaper, ranked like 60 spots lower, and STILL manages to have tons of grads in places like Morgan, Dechert, and Balard.

This is still largely because Penn grads don't stay in the city. If they suddenly decided to, there'd be a pretty massive restructuring of the market in the city.

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:47 pm

beach_terror wrote:
kk19131 wrote:Temple is a boat load cheaper, ranked like 60 spots lower, and STILL manages to have tons of grads in places like Morgan, Dechert, and Balard.

This is still largely because Penn grads don't stay in the city. If they suddenly decided to, there'd be a pretty massive restructuring of the market in the city.

Well, thankfully I live in the real world and not makebelieve land.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:12 pm

beach_terror wrote:

This is still largely because Penn grads don't stay in the city. If they suddenly decided to, there'd be a pretty massive restructuring of the market in the city. the top 5%-10% at temple can get these jobs in Philly and Temple has been around for a long time. The top 5-10% at Penn goes to work for CSM, WLRC, and the COA

FTFY.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Veyron wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

This is still largely because Penn grads don't stay in the city. If they suddenly decided to, there'd be a pretty massive restructuring of the market in the city. the top 5%-10% at temple can get these jobs in Philly and Temple has been around for a long time. The top 5-10% at Penn goes to work for CSM, WLRC, and the COA

FTFY.

Blatant anti-Villanova trolling (and I guess Rutgers too)

and the restructuring comment was based on the other 90% of the Temple (nova/rutgers/drexel/widener) people looking for jobs in the city, not just the top of the class

fuzzypeach

Postby fuzzypeach » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:53 pm

How would one find out who the Defender Association of Philadelphia typically hires from? Or gives internships to? The little bit of internet stalking I can do on LinkedIn shows an intern from Drexel, 2 attorneys from Villanova, and 2 from Temple. But it also lists 124 employees so 5 is a very small sample.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:36 am

beach_terror wrote:
Veyron wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

FTFY.

Blatant anti-Villanova trolling (and I guess Rutgers too)

and the restructuring comment was based on the other 90% of the Temple (nova/rutgers/drexel/widener) people looking for jobs in the city, not just the top of the class

Villanova and Rutgers occupied precisely 0% of my consciousness when I wrote this statement, they weren't even on my radar. I suppose you'll accuse me of anti-MSU trolling next.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:37 am

fuzzypeach wrote:How would one find out who the Defender Association of Philadelphia typically hires from? Or gives internships to? The little bit of internet stalking I can do on LinkedIn shows an intern from Drexel, 2 attorneys from Villanova, and 2 from Temple. But it also lists 124 employees so 5 is a very small sample.

Make sure you check the dates of graduation, it was much easier to get a job 3+ years ago.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”