UCLA sticker (possible 10K scholly) or W&L full ride Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
dodgerboy86

New

UCLA sticker (possible 10K scholly) or W&L full ride

Post by dodgerboy86 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:51 am

That's pretty much my question. Let me know what you guys think. I'm in at UCLA and with my sub-par 165 LSAT it doesn't appear I'll be milking much of a merit out of this (although I spoke with Dean Schwartz and he did not rule out the possibility of a 10k or less merit due to my softs); I also am in at W&L with a full ride scholly.

As a Los Angeles native, UCLA has always been my dream law school (the problem with dreams however is that they rarely come to fruition); however, the thought of spending $150-200 (excuse me, going in debt $150-200) versus taking a full ride to a reputable school is a sobering one.

Any advice? I'm not sold on big law, but if I go to UCLA I know that's what I'll have to be going for until I pay off my debts ... so, what do you folks think?

megaTTTron

Silver

Re: UCLA sticker (possible 10K scholly) or W&L full ride

Post by megaTTTron » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:56 am

dodgerboy86 wrote:That's pretty much my question. Let me know what you guys think. I'm in at UCLA and with my sub-par 165 LSAT it doesn't appear I'll be milking much of a merit out of this (although I spoke with Dean Schwartz and he did not rule out the possibility of a 10k or less merit due to my softs); I also am in at W&L with a full ride scholly.

As a Los Angeles native, UCLA has always been my dream law school (the problem with dreams however is that they rarely come to fruition); however, the thought of spending $150-200 (excuse me, going in debt $150-200) versus taking a full ride to a reputable school is a sobering one.

Any advice? I'm not sold on big law, but if I go to UCLA I know that's what I'll have to be going for until I pay off my debts ... so, what do you folks think?
wanna come back to California? Or any state outside of the southeast? If so, UCLA. Also, come on! It's your dream. Milk that 10k and don't look back.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:57 am

How familiar are you with IBR (Income-Based Repayment)?

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:00 am

ok once again...I figured you did not have a choice....you ed'd? right......

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:07 am

crossingforHYS wrote:ok once again...I figured you did not have a choice....you ed'd? right......
Good catch... OP, you ED'd to UCLA, you know you're committed to going there, stop jerking people around.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”