Can't Decide...

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jayman6
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Can't Decide...

Postby jayman6 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 am

Redacted
Last edited by jayman6 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
J. Cheever Loophole
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Can't Decide...

Postby J. Cheever Loophole » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:56 am

Denver. 25k is significant (per year, right?) and as long as you want to stay regional, you should be fine finding a job. Although, if you want more options, you might want to send a LOCI to Illinois.

jayman6
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Can't Decide...

Postby jayman6 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:38 pm

J. Cheever Loophole wrote:Denver. 25k is significant (per year, right?) and as long as you want to stay regional, you should be fine finding a job. Although, if you want more options, you might want to send a LOCI to Illinois.


I thought about sending a LOCI to Illinois, but I'm not sure if I could swallow it at sticker. Is it really worth it at sticker?

User avatar
holdencaulfield
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Can't Decide...

Postby holdencaulfield » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:54 pm

If you choose Denver, try to get the stipulation removed. Juz sayin...

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Can't Decide...

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:46 pm

jayman6 wrote:I'm not sure if I should wait around on Iowa as I don't think they'll give me much if anything. Right now I'm leaning Denver. There really isn't a particular area I'd like to live in, I'd be happy at pretty much any of the schools I've been admitted to.


I can't speak for Denver, Nebraska, or Hamline, but I can tell you that contrary to most people's expectations, Penn State has weak placement in most of PA, its sphere of influence restricted to the Harrisburg/York/Lancaster corridor. Without ties, don't expect Philly or Pittsburgh with a Dickinson degree.

User avatar
mpj_3050
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Re: Can't Decide...

Postby mpj_3050 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:49 pm

I have Nebraska at 8k a year, top half stipulation, so maybe you could get the stipulation reduced to that.

User avatar
buckilaw
Posts: 840
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:27 am

Re: Can't Decide...

Postby buckilaw » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Choose the market you would like to work in, I'd go with denver, and try to get the scholly stipulation reduced/removed. Or, if you think you could do markedly better on the LSAT retake and apply next cycle.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 4 guests