Philly Practice Out of Seton Hall?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
JDHopeful

Philly Practice Out of Seton Hall?

Postby JDHopeful » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 am

How likely is landing a job in Philly coming out of SHU?

reasonable_man

Re: Philly Practice Out of Seton Hall?

Postby reasonable_man » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:34 am

JDHopeful wrote:How likely is landing a job in Philly coming out of SHU?

A job anywhere out of Seton Hall is pretty unlikely. Seton Hall is the Brooklyn Law School of Newark. Highly over-priced with minimal return on investment. Rutgers and/or Temple are far better/cheaper options that will yield a far better shot at employment for far less money.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:40 pm

reasonable_man wrote:

A job anywhere out of Seton Hall is pretty unlikely. Seton Hall is the Brooklyn Law School of Newark. Highly over-priced with minimal return on investment. Rutgers and/or Temple are far better/cheaper options that will yield a far better shot at employment for far less money.

This.

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:55 pm

reasonable_man wrote:

I see RM wanted to conclude this thread as soon as possible. Mission accomplished. TCR in the first post - could be the record.

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:11 pm

If you want to work in Philadelphia, go to Yale or Harvard. If you can't get in to either of those, go to Temple.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:20 pm

johnnyutah wrote:If you want to work in Philadelphia, go to Yale or Harvard. If you can't get in to either of those, go to Temple.

What about Penn? :P

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:41 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
johnnyutah wrote:If you want to work in Philadelphia, go to Yale or Harvard. If you can't get in to either of those, go to Temple.

What about Penn? :P

I guess they'd work, too :D I'm not that big a fan of Penn's relationship with Philadelphia, though. If you can't get something through OCI, I think Temple gives you as good of prospects in Philadelphia as Penn does. Temple professors and career placement staff tend to have much better and deeper connections to the city, and Temple's alumni network basically owns it.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:09 pm

dresden doll wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

I see RM wanted to conclude this thread as soon as possible. Mission accomplished. TCR in the first post - could be the record.

Usually I drive threads in an awful and unintended direction (unintended by the op, that is). So I figured I owed the TLS community one on this one... :D

Return to “Choosing a Law School”