Just visited some friends at GULC Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
KibblesAndVick

Silver

Re: Just visited some friends at GULC

Post by KibblesAndVick » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:50 am

CG614 wrote:Wait, there is something wrong with the economy? Crap.
lol

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:52 am

Love the turn this thread has suddenly taken. Brilliant comeback btw, untouchable.

BrownBears09

Bronze

Post by BrownBears09 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:53 am

UnTouChablE wrote:
$1.99 wrote:
don't worry, chicago isn't doing all that well either. with your lsat/gpa combo i would shut my mouth and focus on taking a basic grammar class at an elementary school. the only way you aren't striking out at OCI is if you lean really hard on your URM status again.
Lol, you know we need some kinda help, rich ppl can't be the only ones getting richer. We need to diversify, the market is calling for it. Duhhhhhh, why are you trying to play me cause I wasn't born with an inherent advantage? lol
Not sure I know what you're talking about, please elaborate.

UnTouChablE

Bronze

Post by UnTouChablE » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:30 am

BrownBears09 wrote:
UnTouChablE wrote:
$1.99 wrote:
don't worry, chicago isn't doing all that well either. with your lsat/gpa combo i would shut my mouth and focus on taking a basic grammar class at an elementary school. the only way you aren't striking out at OCI is if you lean really hard on your URM status again.
Lol, you know we need some kinda help, rich ppl can't be the only ones getting richer. We need to diversify, the market is calling for it. Duhhhhhh, why are you trying to play me cause I wasn't born with an inherent advantage? lol
No, I won't take the bait so easily. I am in the mood for simple bak an' forth but the merit of admissions policies is beyond the scope of shit am willing to discuss rite now. If we start that Vanwinkle will just come and move the thread and nothing pisses me off more, than wen a thread gets moved.

$1.99 didn't mean to spark an honest debate with that comment, his intention was to get a reaction which is wat I was willing to give. If you really are itching for a fight, go ova to the urm section and start a thread, ppl will discuss wit you.

No school is doing great (save for Yale) then why is everyone tryin to say GULC is not doing as bad as they seem to be doing? they are! check

BrownBears09

Bronze

Post by BrownBears09 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:56 am

UnTouChablE wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:
UnTouChablE wrote:
$1.99 wrote:
No, I won't take the bait so easily. I am in the mood for simple bak an' forth but the merit of admissions policies is beyond the scope of shit am willing to discuss rite now. If we start that Vanwinkle will just come and move the thread and nothing pisses me off more, than wen a thread gets moved.

$1.99 didn't mean to spark an honest debate with that comment, his intention was to get a reaction which is wat I was willing to give. If you really are itching for a fight, go ova to the urm section and start a thread, ppl will discuss wit you.

No school is doing great (save for Yale) then why is everyone tryin to say GULC is not doing as bad as they seem to be doing? they are! check
Oh ok, that makes sense, and here I was thinking you were referencing the generic underprivileged Affirmative Action rant. My mistake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:21 am

damn you did not take the bait.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:53 am

UnTouChablE wrote: I wasn't born with an inherent advantage
This appears to be the case

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:58 am

UnTouChablE wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:
UnTouChablE wrote:
$1.99 wrote:

Reading your posts are like trying to read english writing from a 8 month old.

UnTouChablE

Bronze

Post by UnTouChablE » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 am

Patriot1208 wrote: Reading your posts are like trying to read english writing from a 8 month old.
If your 8 month old can write/speak like this, email mensa asap!! You have da smartest kid in da world, stop working now, fuck law school, showbiz is were da money at. I can be ya agent!! (10% of everything)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

UnTouChablE

Bronze

Post by UnTouChablE » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:57 am

Marionberry wrote:
UnTouChablE wrote: I wasn't born with an inherent advantage
This appears to be the case
Marion Berry (former DC mayor) didn't have one either and we both made it, hustilin'.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Are you also high on cocaine? That would explain a lot.

UnTouChablE

Bronze

Post by UnTouChablE » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Marionberry wrote:Are you also high on cocaine? That would explain a lot.
What would that explain?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:05 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote: Reading your posts are like trying to read english writing from a 8 month old.
If your 8 month old can write/speak like this, email mensa asap!! You have da smartest kid in da world, stop working now, fuck law school, showbiz is were da money at. I can be ya agent!! (10% of everything)
I hope you don't speak like this. You'll never get taken seriously in any professional setting and will bomb out of every interview you have. I'm guessing you are just doing it for effect, though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:09 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
nealric wrote:
I can't be sure but I do know 2L's without jobs, 75% seems about rite. I'll wait for the numbers to come out.
Chicago never got to 75% even during the very top of the boom:

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... 7904889529
I too am skeptical of that 75% for this year, but the % of 2Ls who got jobs for summer from OCI is going to be greater than the % who are doing biglaw at graduation, what with clerkships, no-offers, etc. 73% of graduates probably meant higher than 75% at 2L OCI (during the boom, of course).
My god.. those numbers are insane. That would mean like ~85-90% of CCN students were grabbing SA positions at OCI.

UnTouChablE

Bronze

Post by UnTouChablE » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
UnTouChablE wrote:
I hope you don't speak like this. You'll never get taken seriously in any professional setting and will bomb out of every interview you have. I'm guessing you are just doing it for effect, though.
lol, plz, shut da fuck up and mind ya business. When I am going through a career oriented crisis, I'll start a thread till then keep it yoself. Stop derailing da thread wit ya 'I know what employers want and its not you' bullshit.

nealric

Post by nealric » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Stop derailing da thread
Don't worry. This thread was never really on the rails.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:24 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
UnTouChablE wrote:
lol, plz, shut da fuck up and mind ya business. When I am going through a career oriented crisis, I'll start a thread till then keep it yoself. Stop derailing da thread wit ya 'I know what employers want and its not you' bullshit.
It took me three reads to understand what you were saying, but I think I get you now. And, I never said anything about you personally, just that someone who talks like you write is shit out of luck with work. So, hopefully, you don't talk like that or you will try hard to change the way you speak.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Interestingly enough, if anyone has ever seen the boondock's episode with the character in untouchable's avatar, that character (voiced by lil wayne) is awfully similar to his online persona.

UnTouChablE

Bronze

Post by UnTouChablE » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
It took me three reads to understand what you were saying, but I think I get you now. And, I never said anything about you personally, just that someone who talks like you write is shit out of luck with work. So, hopefully, you don't talk like that or you will try hard to change the way you speak.
You are assuming it is my fault because it took you 'three reads' to understand what I had typed? lollol, sounds like dat is a personal problem. And people that talk like I write are only SOL if you are the employer, hope they don't have to interview with you.

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Clearly done for effect.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:32 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
You are assuming it is my fault because it took you 'three reads' to understand what I had typed? lollol, sounds like dat is a personal problem. And people that talk like I write are only SOL if you are the employer, hope they don't have to interview with you.
Considering it doesn't take me three reads to understand what other people write, yes, I think it's your fault. And, no, they are SOL if they have an interviewer who is educated and works with educated clients. Appearances are everything and someone who talks like that will shine a bad light on the firm. You'd never be allowed to interact with a client.

Anyways, I figure you are trolling, so we can stop now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

UnTouChablE

Bronze

Post by UnTouChablE » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:33 pm

whitman wrote:Clearly done for effect.
No

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:35 pm

To his credit, he's a pretty original and successful troll. Some of his posts in other threads are pretty lulzy. His troll schtick is one that many probably shy away from for fear of being deemed "racially insensitive", but he pulls it off.

johnnyutah

Gold

Post by johnnyutah » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:38 pm

DanInALionsDen wrote:Just visited some friends at Penn. All the 2Ls were walking around with these dead, hopeless looks in their eyes. Apparently everyone struck out at OCI.

Note: This is a claim of similar merit.
I heard 2L OCI was wayyyyy better this year at Penn than last year.

UnTouChablE

Bronze

Post by UnTouChablE » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:40 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
UnTouChablE wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
Considering it doesn't take me three reads to understand what other people write, yes, I think it's your fault. And, no, they are SOL if they have an interviewer who is educated and works with educated clients. Appearances are everything and someone who talks like that will shine a bad light on the firm. You'd never be allowed to interact with a client.

Anyways, I figure you are trolling, so we can stop now.
Fuck is wrong wit ya? Are you assuming am not educated because of the way I talk? Or I don't bring anything to the table that adds value for 'educated clients? Appearances are 'everything', who da fuck told you this? What happened to an accomplished resume? If I have something of value to add, that saves the firm money or wins cases, how would that 'shine a bad light on the firm'? You might be right about not being able to interact with clients but who da fuck told ya that was what I(we) are trying to do?

Something is wrong with you. Shit, its okay to have preconceived notions but you are being ridiculous.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”