Where should I go

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bballfreak56

Where should I go

Postby bballfreak56 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:23 pm

I'll keep it simple

25k per year Albany
13k per year University of New Hampshire (Franklin Pierce)
Sticker at Georgia State
Sticker at Pitt

I want to work on the east coast, I have family all along the coast so exact location is not an issue. I would appreciate your opinions.

ran12

Re: Where should I go

Postby ran12 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:27 pm

bballfreak56 wrote:I'll keep it simple

25k per year Albany
13k per year University of New Hampshire (Franklin Pierce)
Sticker at Georgia State
Sticker at Pitt

I want to work on the east coast, I have family all along the coast so exact location is not an issue. I would appreciate your opinions.

Depends on what you wanna do. If you wanna go into gov't then Albany is prob a good pick but if you wanna work at a firm then go with Pitt. NH oversells its IP program. There's no way that their median starting salary is $160,000. The Atlanta market is so bad that Emory is gonna have a tough time placing so Georgia St is not a good option.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:32 pm

not sure about PA residency but at GSU you could probably get 2 years of instate tuition. If Pitt has the better employment prospects to justify it at sticker then go with it.

MrAnon

Postby MrAnon » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:41 pm

exact location is very much an issue. I would settle on what family you want city you want to be near for a long time because that is your best bet. Degrees from these schools are not very mobile, they are not destination schools.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”