Cardozo versus OSU

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
romothesavior

Re: Cardozo versus OSU

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:43 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:If you aren't happy staying in Ohio, DO NOT go to tOSU.

This, but FWIW, OSU performs much better in Ohio than Cardozo does in NYC.

I'll take this a step further and say I would only go to tOSU if I wanted to practice in Ohio and I got good scholarship money, but I wouldn't go to Dozo under any circumstance (other than maybe a completely free education and very limited COL expenses).

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:46 pm

romothesavior wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:If you aren't happy staying in Ohio, DO NOT go to tOSU.

This, but FWIW, OSU performs much better in Ohio than Cardozo does in NYC.

I'll take this a step further and say I would only go to tOSU if I wanted to practice in Ohio and I got good scholarship money, but I wouldn't go to Dozo under any circumstance (other than maybe a completely free education and very limited COL expenses).

Well, tOSU in state is half the price of almost every private school so that is kind of an unfair comparison.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I'll take this a step further and say I would only go to tOSU if I wanted to practice in Ohio and I got good scholarship money, but I wouldn't go to Dozo under any circumstance (other than maybe a completely free education and very limited COL expenses).

Well, tOSU in state is half the price of almost every private school so that is kind of an unfair comparison.

Oh yeah I fully recognize that tOSU is cheaper. A cheaper state school that is the pride and joy of Ohio vs. a little-respected, overpriced private school that is dominated by other schools in its over-saturated market is obviously an apples and oranges comparison. But for someone who is OOS, paying sticker for a school that places most strongly into Ohio if you don't want to be in Ohio is just not very smart. So I agree with you: if you aren't happy staying in Ohio, do not go to tOSU.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:56 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I'll take this a step further and say I would only go to tOSU if I wanted to practice in Ohio and I got good scholarship money, but I wouldn't go to Dozo under any circumstance (other than maybe a completely free education and very limited COL expenses).

Oh yeah I fully recognize that tOSU is cheaper. A cheaper state school that is the pride and joy of Ohio vs. a little-respected, overpriced private school that is dominated by other schools in its over-saturated market is obviously an apples and oranges comparison. But for someone who is OOS, paying sticker for a school that places most strongly into Ohio if you don't want to be in Ohio is just not very smart. So I agree with you: if you aren't happy staying in Ohio, do not go to tOSU.

Ok, ya, agreed.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”