HLS vs UCLA ($$$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
dubv

New

HLS vs UCLA ($$$)

Post by dubv » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:14 am

So in the last couple of days I went from hearing back from no schools to this amazing predicament:

Harvard at sticker (minus likely as yet unknown grants via financial aid)

or

UCLA with 3 years full tuition

Lived in Cali for a year and would love to end up there post-grad, but am not really dead-set on it. I'm an international student so I'm worried about getting a job with visas and what not after graduation. I'm thinking HLS, but I just want to know what other ppl would do.

lakerfanimal

Bronze

Re: HLS vs UCLA ($$$)

Post by lakerfanimal » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:17 am

dubv wrote:So in the last couple of days I went from hearing back from no schools to this amazing predicament:

or

Lived in Cali for a year and would love to end up there post-grad, but am not really dead-set on it. I'm an international student so I'm worried about getting a job with visas and what not after graduation. I'm thinking HLS, but I just want to know what other ppl would do.
I think your status as an international student swings this heavily in HLS's favor. HLS literally has everything going for it in its favor in this matchup except weather and money. And congratulations!

dubv

New

Post by dubv » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:24 am

thanks! it's just crazy weird to pass up what seems like a free 150 grand.

supermannn

New

Post by supermannn » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:25 am

dubv wrote:thanks! it's just crazy weird to pass up what seems like a free 150 grand.
not when its YHS! :mrgreen:

TheOcho

Bronze

Post by TheOcho » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:34 am

Harvard.

I'm assuming you applied to other schools, however. I would wait it out (if you did apply to other schools) and see if any of them ranked higher than UCLA give you $.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HITeacher2

New

Post by HITeacher2 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:43 am

If you want to save $150k over the next three years, don't go to law school. In fact, if you have a job that pays $50k a year, you'd be saving $300k by not going. If you want to go to law school and want to maximise your chances of being employed as an international student, go to Harvard.

apollo13

Bronze

Post by apollo13 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:08 am

dubv wrote:So in the last couple of days I went from hearing back from no schools to this amazing predicament:

or

FLAME

dubv

New

Post by dubv » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:34 am

not.

what in particular about this situation makes you think so? it's not really like a too good to be true situation.

bigkahuna2020

Bronze

Post by bigkahuna2020 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:38 am

HLS because of their LRAP program

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”