How difficult to transfer from G'town PT to FT after 1L?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
StateSchoolSplitter

How difficult to transfer from G'town PT to FT after 1L?

Postby StateSchoolSplitter » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Assuming *at least* median grades.

OrdinarilySkilled

Re: How difficult to transfer from G'town PT to FT after 1L?

Postby OrdinarilySkilled » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Previously it would have been no problem, but apparently they made a change to where it will be very difficult to switch to full from part time. Apparently it will depend on the persons situation and reasons for needing to switch to full time and not on the persons grades for the few people that will be allowed to switch. This info may be online somewhere but I got
it from emailing admissions.

StateSchoolSplitter

Postby StateSchoolSplitter » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:17 pm

OrdinarilySkilled wrote:Previously it would have been no problem, but apparently they made a change to where it will be very difficult to switch to full from part time. Apparently it will depend on the persons situation and reasons for needing to switch to full time and not on the persons grades for the few people that will be allowed to switch. This info may be online somewhere but I got

Is "it was easier to get admitted PT" and "I want to graduated with a job" a legitimate situation?

OrdinarilySkilled

Postby OrdinarilySkilled » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:23 pm

StateSchoolSplitter wrote:
OrdinarilySkilled wrote:Previously it would have been no problem, but apparently they made a change to where it will be very difficult to switch to full from part time. Apparently it will depend on the persons situation and reasons for needing to switch to full time and not on the persons grades for the few people that will be allowed to switch. This info may be online somewhere but I got

Is "it was easier to get admitted PT" and "I want to graduated with a job" a legitimate situation?

I don't know for sure but I think this is the situation they wanted to keep people from doing and thus the change.
Edit: I just reread the email and they noted that this change wasn't yet final but was "likely". I would email them to find out for sure.

nealric

Postby nealric » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:48 pm

All you had to do was send an email to the registrar my year.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:32 am

StateSchoolSplitter wrote:

Do PT grads actually have a disadvantage job-wise?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”