Please Help ASAP

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
StillHerexxx

Please Help ASAP

Postby StillHerexxx » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:49 am

Okay, I posted on here I have a 156/3.85, and am part Brazilian so might get some bump from that with my DS. I am looking to apply to a few more schools. Is it worth trying to get into Temple, Pitt, or Richmond with those numbers or would I be wasting my money?

Edit: Shit, accidently managed to click and post on the wrong section for this. My bad. In a rush.

JenDarby

Re: Please Help ASAP

Postby JenDarby » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:24 pm

Well, LSP has you at a strong consider for Temple and consider for Pitt and Richmond, without URM consideration. I'm honestly not sure if being Brazilian gives you a boost. Without checking LSP I was thinking that your GPA might help you out at Temple.

Have you considered shooting these schools an email and requesting a fee waiver? I think you might at least get one of them, if not a couple, to grant you one, at which point $12 is definitely worth it. Worst case scenario you send them an email and get shot down, losing about a minute of your life.

StillHerexxx

Postby StillHerexxx » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:07 am

Is it that easy to get one? Haha didn't know that. I just hope I am not too late to have a chance at getting in.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:38 am

StillHerexxx wrote:Is it that easy to get one? Haha didn't know that. I just hope I am not too late to have a chance at getting in.

It's very easy in my experience.

Dear Office of Admissions:

I will be applying to law school for the entering class of 2011 and would like to be considered for a merit-based fee waiver. I am especially interested in X and would greatly appreciate any financial assistance you could provide. To assist with this process, I have included my information below. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
XXX

LSAC Number: X/ LSDAS GPA: X/ LSAT: X

That's the email I used for 6 schools, with 4 sending me a fee waiver in response.

StillHerexxx

Postby StillHerexxx » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:59 am

Thanks a lot. Even if that helps me get one fee waiver that would be amazing.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:52 am

Good luck! Even with it being this "late," I imagine you have a good chance of fee waivers and possibly acceptance to at least one of those schools. Either way, with a fee waiver, $12 is a small price to pay for the chance.

StillHerexxx

Postby StillHerexxx » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:00 pm

I went three for three on the fee waivers. Thanks for the tip. Saved me a good chunk of money.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:05 pm

That's awesome, $12 is definitely worth the chance of applying. Good luck!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”