schools to apply?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
erhulao

schools to apply?

Postby erhulao » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi, I'm an international student, math and physics double major in a top5 liberal arts college, with GPA 3.95. I just knew my LSAT score, 160, 80 percentile. I'm just wondering what schools should I look for since there's a huge discrepancy between my GPA and LSAT. Could someone give me some suggestions? Should I just totally give up applying this year?
Thanks a lot!

ggocat

Re: schools to apply?

Postby ggocat » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Do you have a geographic preference?
How important is cost to you?

You could probably go to a decent tier one school at full cost or a tier two or three school on a full scholarship. That was the decision I faced with a 160/4.0.

erhulao

Re: schools to apply?

Postby erhulao » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:22 pm

ggocat wrote:Do you have a geographic preference?
How important is cost to you?

You could probably go to a decent tier one school at full cost or a tier two or three school on a full scholarship. That was the decision I faced with a 160/4.0.

Hi thanks a lot for replying,

I don't have any financial concern. I would like to apply to the top 20. I don't have any geographical preference but I'm inclined to do IP law or environmental law. Also, our school's GPA scale is 4.0 so in terms of my GPA, I think I'm above the median for the top 20 schools. However, I don't know how much weight top schools give to LSAT for international applicants.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”