Page 1 of 1

3.44 169 worth a late T14 app

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:38 pm
by adammac17
thus far i applied pretty solidly to 20-30 and have got back a few really good acceptances and scholly offers:

UIUC 75k total
IU 140K total
Iowa 140k total
in at WUSTL
in at GW

still waiting to hear from Vandy,Columbia (fee waiver), ND, BU and Cornell

at this stage in the game is it worth it to pony up the cash and take a shot at a few higher schools just to see what if/negotiate for more money, though im not really sure at what school i even could from my list. if so which schools?

thanks

Re: 3.44 169 worth a late T14 app

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:43 pm
by 09042014
Michigan for sure. Probably have no shot at Gtown, NU, Duke, Penn or UVA.

Re: 3.44 169 worth a late T14 app

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:47 pm
by adammac17
ahh, i forgot, i did apply to UVA and got my only rejection thus far. on the whole though its not too late to send in a few apps? my (slim) chances arent going to be hurt too much?

Re: 3.44 169 worth a late T14 app

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:47 pm
by Grizz
Desert Fox wrote:Michigan for sure.

Re: 3.44 169 worth a late T14 app

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:03 pm
by bk1
UM and Cornell are worth it. No other T14's are really too keen on sub170's.

Re: 3.44 169 worth a late T14 app

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:07 pm
by Brownadam26
Go for it, anything is possible.

Re: 3.44 169 worth a late T14 app

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:08 pm
by bk1
Brownadam26 wrote:Go for it, anything is possible.


Most of us have grown up and realized that this is not actually true.

But maybe if you wish really hard you can become a unicorn.

Re: 3.44 169 worth a late T14 app

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:30 pm
by Patriot1208
bk1 wrote:
Brownadam26 wrote:Go for it, anything is possible.


Most of us have grown up and realized that this is not actually true.

But maybe if you wish really hard you can become a unicorn.


I always figured unicorns were meant to be some sort of euphemism.

Re: 3.44 169 worth a late T14 app

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:47 am
by sandaltan
bk1 wrote:
Brownadam26 wrote:Go for it, anything is possible.


Most of us have grown up and realized that this is not actually true.

But maybe if you wish really hard you can become a unicorn.


boner on dome, nope its a horn.

u mad?

Re: 3.44 169 worth a late T14 app

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:37 am
by T6Hopeful
Desert Fox wrote:Michigan for sure. Probably have no shot at Gtown, NU, Duke, Penn or UVA.

This, but Duke's Round II ED deadline is the 12th if you do want to take a shot.

Re: 3.44 169 worth a late T14 app

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:34 pm
by JenDarby
Do people really think these numbers have any realistic shot at Michigan?? (not to be disparaging, just curious)

OP, congrats on your acceptances and offers so far, I'm hoping Iowa will offer me something similar (I also got 75 at UIUC), and that offer at Iowa would pretty much make my decision. (168/3.58, retaking in February).

Re: 3.44 169 worth a late T14 app

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:07 pm
by Patriot1208
JenDarby wrote:Do people really think these numbers have any realistic shot at Michigan?? (not to be disparaging, just curious)

OP, congrats on your acceptances and offers so far, I'm hoping Iowa will offer me something similar (I also got 75 at UIUC), and that offer at Iowa would pretty much make my decision. (168/3.58, retaking in February).

169 is median LSAT. While, the gpa is low, the OP does have a chance with ED.