Should I go to one of these or wait a year?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
rman1201

Should I go to one of these or wait a year?

Postby rman1201 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:01 am

I'm 3.5x/167 and already applied to a bunch of schools back in November. Just looking to see what the consensus is on where/if I should go in August or try retaking the LSAT in June and shoot higher.
I feel confident I could score higher, most of my PTs were right at 175. I didn't sleep at all the night before test day (thought it would be a decent idea to have a girl I started seeing stay the night... not the best idea in hindsight). And to top it off I forgot to bubble in a question.
I'd like to work in NYC, but I'm open to pretty much anywhere in a semi-major city.
So far I've been admitted to:
UF (No scholly info yet)
Miami (24k/year)
Minnesota (Admit pack not yet received, no scholly info)
W&M (10k/year)

Waitlisted at UIUC (as everyone else has this cycle apparently)

No word yet from:
Cornell
BU
Emory
Cardozo
Brooklyn

I just graduated in December and got a F/T job as an assistant at a small firm. The only thing that might complicate things slightly if I wait is I received a C+ (4 credit class) during my last semester, so my GPA might actually come down a little.

2Serious4Numbers

Re: Should I go to one of these or wait a year?

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:05 am

Wait. A 175 is legit and you will profit much easier with it even with a slight gpa drop.

swfangirl

Re: Should I go to one of these or wait a year?

Postby swfangirl » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:20 am

2Serious4Numbers wrote:Wait. A 175 is legit and you will profit much easier with it even with a slight gpa drop.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”