Targeting Chicago

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
blink

Targeting Chicago

Postby blink » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:49 pm

What are the best schools as far as placement into Chicago? I would imagine HYS still reigns supreme with C and N close behind, but how do schools like UVA and UI, WUSTL, Minn., ND, etc place in order with the other top Chicago feeder schools? I checked the search forum but didn't see anything of the like. Thanks!

T6Hopeful

Re: Targeting Chicago

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:15 pm

I found this thread from earlier this year:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=102636
I'm not by any means an expert on this subject, but I would figure UI, WUSTL, Minn, ND would do alright based on Chicago being somewhat their primary/secondary markets, and UVA by being a T14 should do decently almost anywhere.

blink

Postby blink » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:35 pm

gratzi.

masochist

Postby masochist » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:52 pm

Anecdotal evidence from my lawyer friends in Chicago indicates that WUSTL doesn't do as well as you'd think in Chicago. NU and UC are both more highly regarded academically, and the Chicago alumni networks of ND and UIUC are stronger in the city. WUSTL is a good school, of course, and it certainly does place grads in Chicago, but I'd look elsewhere if you absolutely have to end up there.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”