Stanford v. UVA

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
arism87

Re: Stanford v. UVA

Postby arism87 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:36 pm

Saul Goodman wrote: Harvard isn't exactly next door to UVA. Still, congrats.

This. Either way it's probably a plane ride, I personally wouldn't choose Harvard based on it's east coast location.

Super jealous of your choice, however difficult it may be :D

kak5n

Postby kak5n » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:10 pm

The East Coast thing is not just a factor as distance from my SO... I also want to end up here, and people kept telling me that it would be difficult coming from Stanford to get recruiters for as many NYC/DC firms. Is this true?

Saul Goodman

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:35 pm

If you know that you want to end up on the East Coast, then yes. Harvard ITCR. But to say that it'll be "hard" to work on the EC after graduating from Stanford is BS; actual BS.

You should choose between H and S only based on personal preference. If you don't have a preference, and know you will end up on the EC, Harvard it is.

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:If you know that you want to end up on the East Coast, then yes. Harvard ITCR. But to say that it'll be "hard" to work on the EC after graduating from Stanford is BS; actual BS.

You should choose between H and S only based on personal preference. If you don't have a preference, and know you will end up on the EC, Harvard it is.

This.

kak5n

Postby kak5n » Wed May 25, 2011 11:54 am

I chose Harvard! My SO might be at Yale next year but otherwise we've decided to make a Cville-Boston distance relationship work :) Thanks for all your advice/help/support!

xcountryjunkie

Postby xcountryjunkie » Wed May 25, 2011 12:03 pm

kak5n wrote:I chose Harvard! My SO might be at Yale next year but otherwise we've decided to make a Cville-Boston distance relationship work :) Thanks for all your advice/help/support!

Well played.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”