What should I do?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
brettfavre4

What should I do?

Postby brettfavre4 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:42 pm

I am having a hard time deciding between schools in the lower t-14. i really really like georgetown due to its location and facilities. after seeing all the gtown negativity on tls though i am having second thoughts. i couldnt really see myself at a school in a small city like michigan, virginia, duke, cornell and dont have the numbers to get into penn, nyu, etc. No work experience so northwestern is out. Should I bypass georgetown (a school in a city that i consider to be a much better fit for me) to attend a barely higher ranked school?? I mean i understand that career prospects are "better" but are they better enough to justify me sticking it out in a place i dont especially want to be at?

megaTTTron

Re: What should I do?

Postby megaTTTron » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:46 pm

where do you want to work?
are you paying sticker at all schools?
which school exactly have you been accepted to?

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:55 pm

megaTTTron wrote:where do you want to work?
are you paying sticker at all schools?
which school exactly have you been accepted to?

Agreed. Without this info, no one can help you.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:03 am

brettfavre4 wrote:I am having a hard time deciding between schools in the lower t-14. i really really like georgetown due to its location and facilities. after seeing all the gtown negativity on tls though i am having second thoughts. i couldnt really see myself at a school in a small city like michigan, virginia, duke, cornell and dont have the numbers to get into penn, nyu, etc. No work experience so northwestern is out. Should I bypass georgetown (a school in a city that i consider to be a much better fit for me) to attend a barely higher ranked school?? I mean i understand that career prospects are "better" but are they better enough to justify me sticking it out in a place i dont especially want to be at?

MV > G

It's more of a tossup between G and C.

weejonbu

Postby weejonbu » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:24 am

brettfavre4 wrote:I am having a hard time deciding between schools in the lower t-14. i really really like georgetown due to its location and facilities. after seeing all the gtown negativity on tls though i am having second thoughts

So you're telling me that negativity on an online forum has become a huge factor in your decision of where to attend law school? I mean, sure, a (very) SMALL number of current students and/or graduates might pipe in from time to time. But most of the time people are shooting around crap that they have no idea about.

brettfavre4 wrote:No work experience so northwestern is out.

This was my favorite line of all. "Work experience? Aww, of course! Apply to Northwestern!"

Needs to go down in the TLS HoF

imbored25

Postby imbored25 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 pm

--ImageRemoved--

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:43 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
brettfavre4 wrote:I am having a hard time deciding between schools in the lower t-14. i really really like georgetown due to its location and facilities. after seeing all the gtown negativity on tls though i am having second thoughts. i couldnt really see myself at a school in a small city like michigan, virginia, duke, cornell and dont have the numbers to get into penn, nyu, etc. No work experience so northwestern is out. Should I bypass georgetown (a school in a city that i consider to be a much better fit for me) to attend a barely higher ranked school?? I mean i understand that career prospects are "better" but are they better enough to justify me sticking it out in a place i dont especially want to be at?

MV > G

It's more of a tossup between G and C.

The difference in class size between G and C shouldn't be overlooked though. And C feeds into a much easier market (NYC) than G (DC).

Return to “Choosing a Law School”