GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
findafish
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:43 am

GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby findafish » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:39 pm

I've already got into GULC/Cornell, and 90k from UIUC too. Shall I stay in ED at GW?
Not sure if the job perspective at GW is comparable to GULC/Cornell.

findafish
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:43 am

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby findafish » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Science background.

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby Ghost » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:47 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

findafish
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:43 am

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby findafish » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:50 pm

GW ED will cover all the tuition.
They haven't reached their decision yet. Before that time (which I believe it is highly likely tomorrow) , I can still withdraw.

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby Ghost » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:55 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

findafish
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:43 am

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby findafish » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Thank you for your advice!
BTW, what's wrong with the grammar?

User avatar
zreinhar
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby zreinhar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:05 pm

Kili wrote:
findafish wrote:GW ED will cover all the tuition.
They haven't reached their decision yet. Before that time (which I believe it is highly likely tomorrow) , I can still withdraw.


Then it depends on how risk averse you are.

Also, being that close in ranking it might be worth the full ride. Since I'm assuming you're IP from the science background, GW has the better IP prospects. GULC/Cornell aren't even ranked top 10 for that. If you're IP, I would pick the ED. Especially if Stanford and Berkeley are totally out of consideration.


The IP rankings are irrelevant, nobody really considers them. BU is ranked 4th, but they wouldn't choose you over a GULC grad if all else was equal. All the IP firms who recruit at GW recruit at GULC. Has Cornell given out $$ info yet? If you can get some money from them I would probably consider that, but that full ride at GW is hard to argue against.

findafish
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:43 am

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby findafish » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:09 pm

No $$ info yet.
You are right, a full ride is very attractive. And I love DC too.

User avatar
jfb
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:26 am

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby jfb » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:09 pm

OP, what are your numbers??

User avatar
zreinhar
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby zreinhar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:11 pm

findafish wrote:No $$ info yet.
You are right, a full ride is very attractive. And I love DC too.


Then to answer your original question I probably wouldn't withdraw from the ED at GW. It also depends on what you want after graduation. Do you want DC Biglaw? NY? Etc. Are you willing to take IP midlaw somewhere else?

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby dood » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:22 pm

...
Last edited by dood on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby Grizz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:25 pm

dood wrote:i would have killed a homeless man for $90K ED at GW. ip rankings are irrelevant except if u go to GW. all the ip firms that recruit at gw do not recruit at gulc.

the interviewing schedule is too hard to explain over internet, PM if u want to speak to a 2L at gw IP person over the phone. but gulc lottery system is worse for u as an ip person. versus gw preselect system where IP people have separate interview schedules. that is, like on simplicity it will list:
Weil - DC and NY offices
Weil - all offices IP ONLY

and u bid on the IP only schedule, eh too hard to explain, just trust me bro - i only know a single IP person at gw who doesnt have big law, but they are a complete fucking retard with really shitty grades.


dood, I am beginning to really enjoy your posts, especially the one about working on the crapper and the one about broing out during interviews. Your posts scream "bro."

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby dood » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:34 pm

...
Last edited by dood on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby Grizz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:49 pm

dood wrote:thanks FRIEND. i thought ur "how to be rad in law school" post was the best thing ive read on TLS all year.


QFP. Glad I can amuse/delight.

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby Ghost » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:53 pm

,
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby dood » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:01 pm

...
Last edited by dood on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zreinhar
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: GW ED Vs GULC/Cornell ?

Postby zreinhar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:31 pm

dood wrote:i would have killed a homeless man for $90K ED at GW. ip rankings are irrelevant except if u go to GW. all the ip firms that recruit at gw do not recruit at gulc.

the interviewing schedule is too hard to explain over internet, PM if u want to speak to a 2L at gw IP person over the phone. but gulc lottery system is worse for u as an ip person. versus gw preselect system where IP people have separate interview schedules. that is, like on simplicity it will list:
Weil - DC and NY offices
Weil - all offices IP ONLY

and u bid on the IP only schedule, eh too hard to explain, just trust me bro - i only know a single IP person at gw who doesnt have big law, but they are a complete fucking retard with really shitty grades.


I stand corrected, apologies.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: yzhu72 and 2 guests