DC Cost of Living - help?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: DC Cost of Living - help?

Postby bdubs » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:11 am

bullfighter wrote:Anybody do Anacostia? Pros/Cons?


Stay in NW or areas like Capitol Hill or H street NE. If you want to save money find a group house that is a bit farther from a metro and find some alternate form of tranportation (seriously bikes are the best way to go in DC, you will get used to it).

kak5n
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: DC Cost of Living - help?

Postby kak5n » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:44 pm

bullfighter wrote:Anybody do Anacostia? Pros/Cons?


I would never live in Anacostia. Ever. Cab drivers even refuse to pick people up from there after a certain time. Stay out of the SE and NE parts of DC and don't cross the Anacostia River! The only pro I can think of is that it would be way cheaper than any other part of DC, but I don't think sacrificing your safety and general feeling of security is worth it.

dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: DC Cost of Living - help?

Postby dk8 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:14 pm

kak5n wrote:
bullfighter wrote:Anybody do Anacostia? Pros/Cons?


I would never live in Anacostia. Ever. Cab drivers even refuse to pick people up from there after a certain time. Stay out of the SE and NE parts of DC and don't cross the Anacostia River! The only pro I can think of is that it would be way cheaper than any other part of DC, but I don't think sacrificing your safety and general feeling of security is worth it.


this is false. there are nice neighborhoods in NE (and SE). Just do some research.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: DC Cost of Living - help?

Postby JJDancer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:30 pm

There are OK neighborhoods in NE (around howard?) or at least around the veterans hospital.

But I do not know about the SE/SW.

Would NOT live in Anacostia though.

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: DC Cost of Living - help?

Postby dudders » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:35 pm

JJDancer wrote:There are OK neighborhoods in NE (around howard?) or at least around the veterans hospital.

But I do not know about the SE/SW.

Would NOT live in Anacostia though.


Howard and Walter Reed are both in the NW.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: DC Cost of Living - help?

Postby JJDancer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:28 pm

dudders wrote:
JJDancer wrote:There are OK neighborhoods in NE (around howard?) or at least around the veterans hospital.

But I do not know about the SE/SW.

Would NOT live in Anacostia though.


Howard and Walter Reed are both in the NW.

Oh right. Oops. You are correct. They are in NW.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mockingbird42, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests